Monday, April 30, 2012

Potter poems

A couple of Harry Potter themed poems I wrote.

~~~

Zero To Hero

She was just a normal person,
Another fish in life's sea,
She wasn't of royal blood,
Nor was she a celebrity.

Then one day while on a train,
Ideas flew into her head,
And with those she wrote
One of the best books I've ever read.

Young Harry Potter was then born,
From the ideas in her mind,
He was mistreated and yet
Still remained considerate and kind.

Harry Potter was a wizard
And his parents were too,
But he was brought up by Muggles,
That's people like me and you.

Now Harry's creator is proud
Of what she's done,
She's glad her books
Bring joy to everyone.

"Who is this woman?" I hear you ask
J. K. Rowling is her name,
She's gone from zero to hero
Because of Harry Potter's fame!

©2001

~~~

Potty Wee Potter

Potty wee Potter, and all of his friends
Come close to meeting, very sticky ends
But, somehow, they manage to survive
How much longer though, can they stay alive?

© 2007

12 comments:

That corgi :) said...

liked them! you do know how to write poetry Tori!

betty

Toriz said...

Betty:
Thank you! :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Love HP & these are so fresh & cool!

Celticspirit said...

Loved the poems! Don't ever stop writing.It's who you are!

Autumn said...

A fun poem. Makes me want to watch the movies again.

Deanna said...

You put a smile on my face. Great job!

AliceKay said...

I bet J. K. Rowling would love reading these poems. The first one was great!

Rita said...

Cute poems! And we know what a Potter fan you are, too! ;)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love the story of how this woman changed her life, and her children's lives with her books! It really is possible to change your circumstances if you believe in yourself!!

I remember when my older children would wait, and wait for each book to come out. I was a single Mom then and could only afford to buy one, so they'd have to share it. OH the arguments, lol!!! But they really loved to read on their own and I think this woman did SO MUCH to teach children the love of books. And that is priceless!!!

Toriz said...

Thanks all; I'm glad you enjoyed the poems! :)

Barb:
Thanks; I don't intend to stop... In fact, I have about four different writing projects on the go at the moment (1 of which could technically be classed as more than one, since it's a series of stories). :)

Jeannie:
I agree; it's great to see people so eager to read... She did a wonderful thing! :)

Intense Guy said...

Tori is my zero to hero!

LOL - unfortunate memory thing, where I when to college, the buildings and grounds maintenance workers were all known as "zeros" since they weren't particularly bright. To be fair, most of them were hard workers though.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
LOL! Well, I can't be held responsible for the contents of your memory. ;)