Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun Limericks

When I was a member of a writing group on MSN a few years back, we used to play games to inspire each other. One of the games was to write a line for the next person to make a limerick from. I still have some of the ones I wrote, so I thought I'd share them, just for the fun of it. Especially since I don't plan on publishing these.

I wonder if my friend Tom remembers doing these, and also if he still has some of the ones he did...

Anyway...

~~~

Tiny feet, tiny feet, Jamaican rum

Tiny feet, tiny feet, Jamaican rum
Those are the things that please my Mum
She always seems to know
Where those tiny feet go
And as for the rum? She gives us none!

~~~

A young lad was named after his mother

A young lad was named after his mother
But he wished he had the name of another
He felt so much shame
That he changed his name
And pretended to be his own long lost twin brother

~~~

A Funny Old Day In Old Hampshire

It was a funny old day in old Hampshire
All the men had flowers hanging from each ear
And the women wore bats
Instead of wearing hats
You'd have laughed 'til you cried if you'd been here

~~~

Does Love…

Does love make you happy or sad?
That question could drive people mad
And I don’t mean to be rude
But it depends on your mood
To whether love seems good or bad

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh my goodness, Tori, these are great!!! I especially love the first one about the rum. Awesome!

Rita said...

You made me smile with these! :)

AliceKay said...

These are very good. :)

Intense Guy said...

*Giggles*

Smiles. Nice!

Toriz said...

Glad you all enjoyed them. :)

That corgi :) said...

Those are so cute, Tori! Very nicely done; I liked the one about the boy being named for his mother, then changing his name; great job!

betty

Toriz said...

Thanks Betty! :)