Saturday, April 07, 2012

Blogs, birthdays, Facebook and food (FD)

No, you haven't come to the wrong page; my background is different. Mam did it for me.

***

It was Magaly's birthday Thursday, April 5th, so a belated happy birthday to her! :)

Have you been visiting her blog to join in with all the fun for her "Sexy, Dark And Bloody" blog party? If not, maybe you should. Just a thought!

***

I was having trouble accessing my e-mail the other day, so I was bored. I mean, I had loads I could do, but because I couldn't do what I wanted to be doing, I was bored. Strange how that works. Anyway, because I was bored I decided to reactivate my Facebook account. I don't know why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, LOL! I've hardly been on it since I reactivated it though.

***

I was approached by someone about a weight loss game style app they were making. They asked me last year if I would try it out. I figured it couldn't hurt, so agreed. So the other day I got an e-mail saying it was up and running, and asking if I'd check it out, which I've been doing.

The idea of it is that you get points for tracking your progress, get points for doing exercise, etc. You can also gain extra points by participating in challenges. You also set reward goals for yourself. The points all add up to level you up, and when you level up you can participate with more challenges, be entered in giveaways, and reward yourself with what you promised to.

I've actually been having fun with it, and finding myself saying, "if I do that, I can get exercise points," and so on.

I've also managed to learn something; what my problem is with not losing weight. I can't say I'm surprised, but it's nice to have it right there where I can see it. And what is it? Sugar.

Drat this sweet tooth!

I need to find sugar free alternatives for the things I love to eat so much... Badly, by the look of my sugar intake for the past few days!

Anyway, if you want to check it out for yourself (the site and app, not my sugar problem, obviously) then go to www.slimkicker.com. And if you decide to join, I'm on there with the same username I use on here, so feel free to send me a friend request!

***

OK, it's dinner time, so I'm going to have to let this do for today. Hope you're having a great weekend.

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

That weight loss site looks interesting, Tori; I like getting points doing stuff like exercise; I'll have to check it out after this month's A/Z Challenge is over with. I do like your new blog look!!

I'm with you, I have a sweet tooth too! Me and chocolate like each other very much!

betty

AliceKay said...

Sugar is a bad thing, but most of us crave it in one way or another. I've been using Truvia on my cereal in the mornings. It's a natural sugar substitute and has zero calories. Figured it was one way I could cut down on a little sugar. Not sure if it's available over there, tho, but from what I just read, it looks like it might be.

Toriz said...

Betty:
Well, if you do decide to join, I hope you have fun with it and it helps you! :)

AK:
Yeah, we do... Or something like it at least...

Magaly Guerrero said...

First, thanks so much for the birthday wishes! And then, yum, I love the idea of this app, I'm going to check it out. I'm right there with you in the sugar bit. It used to be sugar and bread, and I was able to beat the bread monster--the sugar one, well it's too sweet to kill. But, together, we can probably maim it ;-)

Magaly Guerrero said...

And again, I LOVE the new background!

Intense Guy said...

I like how the new blog background looks!!

I hope you got your email problems sorted... It's a nuisance when things go wrong like they do.

Hopefully some of the new, diabetic foods will help you out, they've come a long way - and a lot of them actually taste pretty good now.

Toriz said...

Mags:
You're welcome about the birthday wishes!

Hope you have fun with the ap. I'm not too bad with bread; could be better, but definitely could be worse too. I have a very sweet tooth though. *Sigh* Yes, maybe between us we can at least do something to send that sweet little sugar monster in to hiding. ;)

I'm glad you like the new blog look.

Iggy:
Thanks!

Just need to find some around here; apparently Britain hasn't figured out that diabetics want easy access to snacks and treats too. :(