Friday, April 20, 2012

Poem: Mami

I love my Mami
My Mami loves me
I know my Mami
Will come back, you’ll see!

~~~

I was 6 when I wrote that.

No, really, I was.

A couple of years ago my Mam found it and showed it to me, and I typed it up and added it to my collection. At the bottom of all of my poems I put "©" and the year they were written. This one says "© 1991" since that's what the paper my Mam handed me said.

I vaguely know the reason behind it; though I'm not too sure if it's because I've been told, or because I remember. Either way, I was clingy as a child, and drove everyone mad with, "when's Mami coming back?" every five seconds if she went anywhere. When she and my Dad got back together when I was about 6 (the year this was written) Mam left me with Dad and went away for a few days. I didn't take it very well and wrote this poem to make myself feel better. Then presented the poem to my Mam when she came home.

There's a short story I wrote around the same time, which my Dad has. I don't have a copy of that though.

Hey, I did say I've been writing for as long as I've known how!

12 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

This is wonderful, Tori. Extremely cute because we know Mami was coming back, but if we didn't have the background, then it would be completely aerie.

Toriz said...

Mags:
Thanks! :)

I agree; that's why this one wont make it in to the book. Any poem you need the background for in order for it to make real sense wont be included.

That corgi :) said...

What a cute poem, Tori!! So neat that your mom saved it too! I think all kids tend to be clingy of moms at that age :)

betty

Rita said...

You got me beat! I didn't start till I was nine! I wrote to make myself feel better, too, but I never showed it to anybody. ;)

I wish you could get a copy of the short story one day. :)

Toriz said...

Betty:
Thanks, and I think you're right about kid clingyness.

Rita:
I'll talk to my Dad about typing it up for me, and if I can get him to I'll post it on here.

Autumn said...

I think that is so precious!

Best of luck with publication!

Toriz said...

Thanks Autumn! :)

AliceKay said...

Cute poem. I'm glad your Mam saved it all these years. :)

Celticspirit said...

Very sweet poem Tori! I wrote when I was a teen but I don't have any of those poems today. I wish I did!

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Barb:
Thanks; glad you think so.

That's a shame about you not having any of your old poems.

Intense Guy said...

Awww.. so precious. Your mom must really like it!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
She seems to. :)