Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Book download formats

This is probably something I should have explained before; my bad!

When you purchase a copy of my book from Smashwords, you automatically get all the available formats. You can download 1 of them, 2 of them, or all of them. The book also stays in your library on the site where you can download any of the formats again should you lose them (like if your computer dies and that's where you had them) or if you downloaded one version and later have a way to read another so want to download the other version.

In the words of Smashwordsthemselves: "Once a book is purchased, you can download the book in any or all of the available formats, as often as you like."

Just thought I'd explain.

Not too bad of a deal for only $1.99, don't you think?

9 comments:

Rita said...

Sounds like a good deal. Not that I understand any of it--LOL! I am really feeling my non-technical age. ;)

AliceKay said...

Thanks for the explanation...and no, not too bad of a deal. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
As long as you got the part about being able to download any or all formats that's fine; just bear that in mind to tell Dagan when you show him the e-mails I sent you. :)

AK:
No problem; and glad you think so. They let me set my own price, and I thought that was a reasonable price; low enough to not make it too expensive for people as a rule, but high enough that I get a little from each sale by the time they've taken their cut and the conversion from $ to £ has happened.

AliceKay said...

Bought, downloaded, and printed. *winks* Great job!

Toriz said...

AK:
YAY! Thanks! :)

That corgi :) said...

That is a great deal indeed! I didn't realize there would be so many formats available!

betty

Toriz said...

Betty:
*Nods* I could have limited it, but I ticked every format they offered (since it didn't cost me either way) to make it more easily accessable to people.

Intense Guy said...

I downloaded a copy onto my Nook Color (e-reader) and wow! So cool!

I like all these format choices!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Glad you're so happy with the book! :)