Friday, November 08, 2019

Friends Of #FurkidFriday: Chuzoo

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

I've got another new friend for you to meet today. He has an unusual name, so let's ask him about that, shall we?

Hi, new friend. What's your name again? I know it's an unusual name, so I’d love to hear about what your name means, or the story behind it, and I'm sure everyone else would too. So please can you share that with us?

My name is Chuzoo (it’s pronounced chew-zoo). I originally lived with my grandparents, but they moved and didn’t think I’d like the new place, so I moved in with my mom and dad. When my grammy got me they told her I was part Chihuahua and part Shih Tzu. My grammy and grampy thought Chuzoo was a cute play on those two breeds. It’s kind of weird, and very unique, which definitely suits me.

Yes, that's definitely a unique name. What species and breed are you again?

I’m a dog. The people my grammy got me from were wrong. The vet says I’m mostly Rat Terrier. I like to pretend I’m a cat, though.

Hey, whatever makes you happy. I don't suppose it really matters what you are. I tell you what though, describe your appearance for us. I've got a photo to share with those who can see it in a moment, but please describe yourself too, for the benefit of those who can’t see the photo.

I’m mostly brown, but I have white legs, and white around my chest and neck. I have gigantic ears. When I’m happy they stand straight up. When I’m sad or scared they deflate. Most of the time they stand straight up.

Well, since you say your ears standing up means you're happy, I guess that means you're mostly happy, and I'd say that's a good thing. Anyway, here's that photo for those who can see it:


By the way, Chuzoo, what sort of place do you live in? Who do you share it with?

I live in a house with my mom and dad, my dog brother, and my six cat siblings. Our house has a backyard with a fence, and I like to play there with my dog brother. The cats have their own bedroom that Mom and Dad rudely keep me out of. They put a cat door in the door, and I don’t fit through it, so I can only get in there if they forget to close the door. I check every single day, lots of times, to see if they’ve left the door open, but they almost never do.

That doesn't sound very fair, the cats getting their own room like that, and you not even being allowed in there. I'm sure you'd love to play with them. Speaking of things you'd love, what’s your favourite thing to do?

I hate to be alone, even for a second, so I love to follow my dog brother Duke around. I also love to play with my cat brother Howard. He’s one of my very best friends. We groom each other sometimes, which I really like. I also LOVE to steal cat food, but I don’t get to do that very often. And I really like sitting on the couch with my parents to watch TV.

That all sounds like great fun! I don't like being alone either. Hey, do you have a favourite toy? If yes, what is it?

I prefer playing with other pets and people, so I don’t play with toys much. I do like it when Mom and Dad put the squirty cheese in my Kong, though, because that’s really yummy.

Fair enough. Treats in Kongs is a great thing... They put some really tasty things in those sometimes, don't they? Speaking of which, what’s your favourite food?

CAT FOOD!!!! Have you tried it? Seriously, they have the BEST food EVER!!! I really wish I was a cat so I could eat as much cat food as I want. I almost never get cat food, though, so cheeseburgers are another favourite. Sometimes we go for a ride and get a cheeseburger while we’re out. I like that.

No. I've never tried cat food. I'm with you on the cheeseburger thing though. I love when they do things like take us out for dinner! On the subject of things the humans do, what’s the one thing your human does that you love most?

I love it whenever they accidentally leave the cat room open, but they don’t do that very often. I love it whenever they let me sit in their laps on the couch. I like to be held and cuddled. And I love it when we go on walks.

Walks are the best! It sounds like your humans do lots of great things for you though. But I bet it's not all great. So, tell us, what’s the one thing your human does that you hate most?

When they put the flea and heart worm prevention stuff on me. I HATE it!!! It’s called Revolution, but I call it TORTURE. It doesn’t actually hurt, but it feels wet and kind of oily. I used to roll around in the yard to rub it off when they do it, but now they don’t let me go outside until it dries. I really don’t like that.

Oh, I don't blame you! I hate the wet stuff. I tolerate it, but... Yuck! You know what? I don't even want to think about it too much, so let's talk about something else, OK? Mummy says your human is a blogger. Has she written anything about you? If yes, can you tell us about it? If no, do you think she will in the future?

Mom has written about me some, and she puts my pictures on the blog a lot. I usually end up in a lot of the same pictures as Howard since we’re buddies. I’d have to ask Duke if he thinks Mom will write more about us.

Hey, that's great! At least you get a mention, and I'm sure everyone loves when she posts the photos. I have to wonder though, since these humans spend a lot of time on the computer thingy, what do you do while your human writes?

Usually I check to make sure she didn’t decide to open the door to the cat room for inspiration. If she didn’t (she never does), I sit next to her on the couch. She pets me some, and then I fall asleep. It seems kind of boring when she writes her blog. I’m pretty sure she’s not writing cat food recipes, so I’m not very interested in it.

Sorry she doesn't leave the cat room door open, or write anything you're interested in. At least you get some petting time, and can relax for a nap knowing she won't be going anywhere any time soon. Speaking of going places though, we should probably end this so you can go check if she left the cat room door open, or a cat left you some food, or whatever. Before we do though, is there anything else you’d like people to know about you?

I hate to be alone, and I really like having another dog to be in charge and decide what we’re going to do for the day. I really love cats. I wish I was a cat. I like how they sleep on the back of the couch, and I love their food. I also love to bark; at other dogs, the UPS truck, the garbage truck, you name it. I’m kind of a chicken, though, so I make sure Duke is close by to take care of things before I bark at anything. And if you want to feed me cat food, that would make me really happy.

You sound like you'd get on with my little brother, Logan. He loves bossing other dogs around, and would be happy to be in charge. Of course, he'd probably love to eat your share of the cat food too, so that might put you off him a little bit. Anyway, thanks for visiting. It was great getting to know you.

***~~~***

Chuzoo's Mom, Danielle, blogs at http://sweetteareads.blogspot.com/, so pop over there and get to know her.

***~~~***

I hope you enjoyed getting to meet Chuzoo, and learning more about him and his human, Danielle. Show them you did by commenting on or sharing this post. Better yet, do both... I'm sure they'd like that. I know I would!

By the way, we're always looking for new friends to get to know better. So, if you're a bird, cat, chinchilla, degu, dog, gerbil, guinea pig, hamster, rabbit, rat, or other non-human creature, and you share your life with a human calling themselves a writer - yes, blogging counts - check out the "Friends Of Furkid Friday" page, where you can find out how to have your turn in the spotlight, and meet all the friends we've featured in the past.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

6 comments:

Cat Strawberry (The Strawberry Post) said...

Aww Chuzoo is so cute! My cat loved sleeping on the back of the couch, she used to sleep there so much that one day the cushion squashed down in half and sort of stayed like that after that, lol.

Rita said...

I love your name!
I think all the dogs I have lived with loved cat food. ;)
Nice to meet you. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
The cushion on the back of Mummy's favourite chair is sort of like that. She says it's from all the times the Kero dog used to sleep on it.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, that's a really cool name, isn't it?

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Danielle L Zecher said...

Cat, cats are just coolest, that's why I want to be one. Rita, thank you. I like my name, too, and they say it suits me. Victoria, thank you for having me. Mom is sorry for not helping me respond sooner, some nonsense about a new job. All I know is it's not at a cat food factory. Love, Chuzoo.

Victoria Zigler said...

Chuzoo:
Me and Mummy both say it's OK. We know sometimes things get busy. Also, Mummy says she's happy about the new job, and hopes your Mom is happy about the job change.

Lots of licks,
Lilie