Thursday, July 14, 2011

Athame, bell, and cloth

A few weeks back, Stephanie posted about a site called "Pagan Stuff Cheap" where you could - funnily enough - get Pagan stuff cheap. Well, I need some altar supplies (as I'm sure I've mentioned before), but they can get pretty expensive. I'd seen some at reasonable prices that I figured would do, but I hadn't rushed to buy them, because they didn't speak to me (if you know what I mean). But when I looked at this place... Well, I knew I just "had to" have these items. And since it was the week we actually had a bit of money...

Anyway, I had wanted an athame, but I needed one that was going to be solid while not being too heavy, but I also wanted it to look nice. There were two I really liked, but I chose the one I did for two reasons:

1. I was more confident of the sturdyness of this one.
2. It was in stock, the other wasn't.

Anyway, here it is:


And here it is out of the scabbard:


I also wanted a bell for rituals that call for it (like chasing away the trolls and such at Yule... I'll tell you more about that closer to the time). I'd seen some that would do, but this one... Well, it was exactly what I wanted!


And then there's the altar cloth I brought... There was no way I could have passed up on the oppertunity to get this altar cloth:


I hadn't even seen a purple one anywhere else, and a purple one with a pentagram on it... Well, the pentagram is the symbol I use most (if you have symbols of the pentagram on your altar, you automatically have at least some acknowledgement of all the elements). And since it was also half the price of all the other altar cloths I'd seen... Like I said, there was no way I could have passed up the oppertunity to get it!

I love my new items, and I also love the fact that I got ones I love rather than ones I was going to settle for because of affordability. And, I got these ones for less than it would have cost me for the ones I was going to settle for (despite the fact I had to pay international shipping costs for these items, but wouldn't have had to for the other items, because they were from a place in... London, I think).

Yeah, that's right... Even with the fact it cost me as much for shipping as it did for the items, it still cost me less to get these than it would have to get the others. And, I like these better!

There are a load of other things I wanted to get, but... Funds, you know?

I do intend getting at least some of them in the future though (as long as they're still available when I have the money to buy them, obviously).

Thank you Stephanie for posting about Pagan Stuff Cheap, they have some fantastic items, and I'm really, really glad I found them! :)

12 comments:

Rita said...

I'm glad you found things you liked ANd they were cheaper. Nothing better than that! :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods* Absolutely!

barefoot gardener said...

Cool! Glad you found some stuff you liked. I will have to check it out. I am more of a "homemade-light on the props" kinda witchy-gal, but I do like to drool over pretty goodies!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Getting what you want for less is always a happy bonus!! :D

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you were able to get the items you wanted and less costly, too. :)

Toriz said...

Barefoot:
I don't "need" the props, but... Well, I want them! LOL! ;)

Jeannie:
Absolutely! :)

AK:
Agreed! :)

Intense Guy said...

What do you do with the Athame (besides being very careful not to run with it)?

You seem well Pentagrammed (and presumably "troll-free") now.....

:) the cloth looks really nice. Its a nice shade of purple.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
The Athame is used both as a symbolic item - to symbolize the element of fire, and also the male aspects of nature and the divine (the chalice being the female symbol) - and as a tool to channel psychic energy during rituals.

Deanna said...

I'm real glad you found items you wanted at a reasonable price. Yea you!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
So am I! And - as I said - I have Stephanie to thank for it!

The Coexist Cafe said...

You're so welcome! :) I'm glad you were able to get some stuff from her, and I hope it wasn't *too* bad considering the international shipping. Snowy Pau is so awesome to work with! :)

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
Actually, it wasn't bad at all. Like I said, it actually cost less for these items and the shipping combined than it would have for me to get just the items from the cheapest places I've seen them here, and these items were ones I really, really wanted, where as the others were ones I was going to settle for. I feel like I got a fantastic deal, and they were fantastic to deal with in general! :)