Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Blind Side

"Based on the true story of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy who take in a homeless teenage African-American, Michael "Big Mike" Oher. Michael has no idea who his father is and his mother is a drug addict. Michael has had little formal education and few skills to help him learn. Leigh Anne soon takes charge however, as is her nature, ensuring that the young man has every opportunity to succeed. When he expresses an interest in football, she goes all out to help him, including giving the coach a few ideas on how best to use Michael's skills. They not only provide him with a loving home, but hire a tutor to help him improve his grades to the point where he would qualify for an NCAA Division I athletic scholarship. Michael Oher was the first-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in the 2009 NFL draft."

(Above taken from this page).

It's an emotional movie; I'm not 100% sure one way or another whether I actually enjoyed it though. I enjoy true stories - or movies based on true stories - but this movie didn't capture my attention as well as this kind of movie usually would. Still, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy watching it; I did enjoy it, but not as much as I expected to given that it's based on a true story, and I usually really get in to these kinds of movies. Does that make sense?

10 comments:

Rita said...

I really liked it! Good movie. Of course, I really like Sandra Bullock. :)

AliceKay said...

I love this movie. I have the DVD and have watched it a couple of times on that, plus I've watched it several times when it came on the movie channels we subscribe to. I love football (American football) and I loved the story line, and not just because it's based on fact. I love any movie Sandra Bullock is in, and Tim McGraw does pretty good, too. Can ya tell I love this movie? LOL

Intense Guy said...

I love Sandra Bullock. I don't think this particular movie would be my cuppa tea though (I've not seen it). I'm not a football fan (I detest the salaries the Pro's and the collage guys, if you wanna be honest, make)

I love Sandra Bullock. I guess too many folks think making the pro's means the end of the struggle - but this sadly isn't so - so many of those athletes are maimed and crippled and spend all their money before they even retire (at a young age of say 35)... and find themselves pretty much back where they started.

Did I say I loved Sandra Bullock?

Celticspirit said...

I saw this movie awhile back and absolutely loved it. I'm not much of a Sandra Bullock fan but I have to say, she was really good in this movie. Thanks for the reminder, now I want to watch it again. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the movie! :)

AK:
Umm... Yes, I can tell. LOL!

Iggy:
Fair enough!

Yes... You might have mentioned it. LOL!

Barb:
Glad you enjoyed it. You're welcome. LOL!

Lynn said...

I liked the movie and cried my eyes out also LOL

AliceKay said...

I think Iggy loves Sandra Bullock.

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

AK:
Yes... I get that impression too! ;)

ChicagoLady said...

I've also seen this movie. I rented the dvd several months ago and loved it! I'm also a Sandra Bullock fan.

Iggy loves Sandra, but does he love her more than he loves Bea Arthur?

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm... well... back when she was still alive Bea Arhtur was #1 but now... well.. a do like a pulse...