Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday's third post

Had the rest of my craft items show up today; more glue sticks, more Christmas tree sequins, some silvery blue glitter (they call the colour "silver frost") and a couple of small tubes of PVA glue (for when glue sticks and glue dots jus wont work). I haven't bothered with photos of them though. The only thing you might have wanted to see was the glitter, but since I have plans for it in upcoming cards then you can see it then. You will be able to see it more clearly on a card than in the tiny little pot, anyway. At least, I think you will. I will have photos of cards I've made for you soon though, since I made a couple yesterday.

***

We've had some really nice days - weather wise - recently. Nice and dry (apart from the odd light shower where it's just enough to water the plants, but not enough to even bother with a jacket, since the sun will soon dry the drops of rain that fell on you anyway) but not hot like some of you have been having. Perfect for walks with Kero, and sitting out in the garden with Kero. Just right so that nature isn't suffering for lack of water, but we humans can go outside to enjoy nature without either sweating like pigs or feeling like we're in Winter. So, no weather complaints here for the last couple of days! :)

***

If you're wondering why I haven't bothered with a weigh-in post recently, it's because I've stayed the same the past couple of weeks, so there wasn't anything to say. I'm going to work on evaluating things and seeing if I can make any tweaks or whatever in hopes that will shift some of this weight.

***

Lughnasadh/Lammas/The First Harvest is on Monday, so tomorrow I'll be posting what our plans for celebrating are, and over the weekend - starting with tomorrow (Friday)'s post, then right up until Tuesday, actually - I have several posts scheduled to go up with information, stories, etc in them, for anyone interested.

***

I have a question for those of you on Facebook: If you block the games, does it undo what was already done on them? Thing is, they're getting on my nerves, but people signed me up to get bonuses for themselves and whatever, and I was just wondering if me blocking them would undo that and cause problems for them? As an example, if I block them, would I still be counted as a neighbour for someone I'm a neighbour for? And would anything they built in my city still be accessable for them?

***

All for today... Hope you're having a great week! :)

10 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Your question about the games on FB made me giggle!! I know how annoying it gets!! You can turn the notifications for that off... I can't quite remember how, but I know it's possible. I don't know what it would do to your friends and neighbors, you gotta do whats right for you. Your friends will understand.

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Yeah, I know you can (and I know how). I was just wondering if it would cause issues for friends... I don't want to mess up their games.

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you have a lot of crafting materials now. Have fun with the card making.

I'm glad you're getting decent weather over there. Weather here has been pretty crappy most days. Too hot and humid for me. Today has been cooler but the humidity has been there. We've had a few short showers this afternoon, but the pavement is dry again.

I don't play Facebook games so can't help you out there.

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks; I intend to have fun! :)

I hope the humidity eases off for you soon!

ChicagoLady said...

Blocking the games on FB only blocks you from seeing the posts, it doesn't undo anything within the game itself.

Celticspirit said...

Yeah, it's fine if you block the games, it does not affect anything else. When I send gifts for the games, I automatically send to everyone on the list, it's easier that way...so sorry if you are getting gifts as I know it's probably annoying when you don't play.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I can't wait to see your cards!!! Have fun!

Toriz said...

Chicago:
Thanks! :)

Barb:
Thanks, and... It's OK! :)

Jeannie:
Will be posting them soon...

Rita said...

More card making goodies! Can hardly wait to see what you've been up to with them. I've been away from crafting much this year so far. I will have to snap to if I want to make Christmas cards this year. Time is fleeting!

Glad you've had some decent weather. It's cooled off some up here lately, but we still have the humidity--and the rain. Today it is sunny, tho! Karma is soaking up the rays on the porch. I bet Kero is enjoying the extra garden and walk time!

As long as you are staying about the same with the weight--no big deal. When you are losing weight there are always plateaus. :):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Not been up to as much as I'd like with the craft stuff. I'd hoped to do a load of crafting today, but hardly got any done for one reason or another. Hoping to get a good deal of knitting and card making done in the next couple of weeks though.

That's the good thing... We're having mostly nice weather with the odd bit of rain, but the humidity is low, so even the warm days aren't "where did the air go?" hot!

My thoughts exactly (about the weight).