Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

"The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again."

(Above taken from here).

You know I had to rush out to see this one; I've been longing to see it since... Well, basically as soon as I'd finished watching the first part. LOL! But what you're really interested in is what I thought of it, right? Well, then I better tell you...

I really enjoyed it! If you compare it to the book and notice that they did change how a lot of things happened, then maybe you wouldn't be quite so pleased with it. Seriously, a lot of it was changed! But the point isn't meant to be whether it's exactly as it is in the book... None of the movies have been, so why would this one be any different? No, the point is what it was like as a movie in itself. Never mind how things happened in the book; this is the movie, not the book! And, hey, at least they didn't change it as much as they changed "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince"... And all events happened in the right order. So, as I was saying... It was fantastic! Full of action almost from the start, and a pretty good movie to end on, I think! The only way it could have possibly been better was if they'd done it exactly like the book, but they never seem to do that when making movies from books.

11 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Marty bought Terri the "Part 1" dvd as a birthday present last week, but we haven't watched it yet. We will soon.

Rita said...

I didn't actually know the movies were that far from the books. I had only read the first one and that was really close to the first movie. Anyways, I saw Part 1 and am waiting for Part 2 to come out on DVD. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Glad you liked it! I will be going to see it hopefully in a couple weeks when the hype dies a bit. A co-worker went to go see it Thursday night/Friday morning at 12:01am, the day it opened. She wore her Gryffindor scarf, and there were several people there dressed up. Mad-eye Moody was in front talking to everyone, keeping an eye on them, before the movie started.

Celticspirit said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Tori!

Lynn said...

I have seen the first movie, I have all the others but have not gotten around to watching them yet, I need to because I do love them. I used to work at a bookstore and of course we got some of the stuff that came in with the books and such and I still have 4 of the school pins that people went crazy over.

Toriz said...

AK:
Hope you enjoy it when you get around to watching it. :)

Rita:
The first one was really close to the book, the others... Not so much. The sixth movie especially was way off (the book concentrated more on the events happening in general, the movie concentrated more on the romances of the students). But even the first movie differed some from the book; Ron wasn't meant to have been in the forest, Neville was, for example.

I hope part 2 comes out on DVD soon... then you can watch it (and also, I can watch it again, plus have the whole set, lol!)

Chicago:
That's cool! :)

I don't blame you for waiting... The place was packed when we went (took us 20 minutes to get in the door... That's how long the queue was!) I went right away for a couple of reasons:

1. I was desperate to see it.
2. I wanted to see it before Wayne, because he's terrible for giving things away, and I didn't want spoilers.
3. The local cinema only shows it for this one week, after that we'd have to go further to see it (so more expense, more travelling, etc).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it when you go and see it.

Barb:
Thanks! :)

Lynn:
That's awesome!

I hope you enjoy all the movies when you get around to watching them. :)

Deanna said...

Somehow I got behind on the Potter movies. I just ordered Part 1 on Netflix so I can watch it before I see this. Sounds good!

Intense Guy said...

I'm so ashamed. I think I read the book... its been a goodly while and I wasn't too impressed with the book (I guess... I mean, I am not even totally sure I read it!)

I'll see the movie eventually - I probably should see part 1 over again (assuming I saw it at all) first.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
No worries, you can get caught up whenever. I doubt the movie will be going anywhere quickly! ;)

Iggy:
LMAO! You're funny! Well, maybe you should just watch the movies and read the books again anyway... Just to be sure you've read and watched them all! ;)

thecoexistcafe said...

A lot DID change, and I actually didn't mind that too much. The movie is, in my opinion, a separate entity from the books, and will be portrayed differently because of the medium. :)

ANYWAY, though, definitely action-packed, but I admit that I was a lot more excited after Part I than I was after Part II! Sure, there were times when Matt and I high-fived and were like, "Hell yes, rock that schizz!" but for the most part, we enjoyed Part I so much more.

Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this one, though! ;)

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
Fair comments! :)