Hi humans, it's Kero here!
Yesterday, my pal Iggy gave me The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award... Thank you, Iggy!
I'm supposed to tell you 7 random things about me, then pass this on to 5 others. So, let me see... 7 things about me...
1. I'm not a morning dog. In fact, the only way I stay up long enough for more than a pee before about 10:00 am is if something happens to give me little choice (like an invitation for walkies, or someone knocking on the door).
2. I suffer from something called "seporation anxiety" and because of it can't be left alone. When my humans tried to leave me anyway I got in such a state I ended up on the floor struggling for breath. They tried a couple of times, but after that happened each time Mami decided enough was enough. I only ever stayed home without humans once... I was 2, and it was with Great-Grandma's dog, Jayde Bramblerose. The humans have never managed to get me to do the same again though. I can't help it... I just hate when the humans go away!
3. If my water bowl gets empty - or is too low on water for me to consider it worth drinking from - I will let the humans know by hitting it with my paw so it tilts on to its side, then remove my paw so that it drops back down with a clang. If this fails, I'll pick up the bowl, take it to the nearest human, and hit them on the shin with it. That usually gets their attention!
4. I love all other animals... Hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, and cats. But not birds! After a bad experience I had with our budgie, Charlie, I swore revenge on all feathered creatures, so birds are the one animal I will chase with intent to harm.
5. I hate vegetables so much that I will even spit out something like a pea if one is left whole in my dinner. The only vegetables I don't mind too much are carrots, but they have to be raw, and I will only eat them if I'm in the mood to do so.
6. I can do quite a few things... sit, wait, beg, and dance (exagerated beg where I move about a bit), but there are two commands that - despite the best efforts of my humans - I've never learned... "Lay" and "roll over"... I just can't do them!
7. I have very selective hearing, to the point where people have suggested I may be deaf. But I'm not. Mami tested it out... She tricked me by whispering some of my favourite words - "cheese" and "walkies" - in a crowded train station, and has put it to the test since (she's sneaky). I just ignore what I don't want to listen to.
Anyway, as for who I'm passing it on to... Well, first I'm giving it to my bestest online kitty friend, Karma, then I will issue an open invitation to any other furkids who are online... That includes you, Gwydion, so get your nose out of your food dish and get on here to take your turn at this thing!
Licks and sniffs,