Friday, July 22, 2011

Furkid Thoughts: The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award (FD)

Hi humans, it's Kero here!

Yesterday, my pal Iggy gave me The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award... Thank you, Iggy!

I'm supposed to tell you 7 random things about me, then pass this on to 5 others. So, let me see... 7 things about me...

1. I'm not a morning dog. In fact, the only way I stay up long enough for more than a pee before about 10:00 am is if something happens to give me little choice (like an invitation for walkies, or someone knocking on the door).

2. I suffer from something called "seporation anxiety" and because of it can't be left alone. When my humans tried to leave me anyway I got in such a state I ended up on the floor struggling for breath. They tried a couple of times, but after that happened each time Mami decided enough was enough. I only ever stayed home without humans once... I was 2, and it was with Great-Grandma's dog, Jayde Bramblerose. The humans have never managed to get me to do the same again though. I can't help it... I just hate when the humans go away!

3. If my water bowl gets empty - or is too low on water for me to consider it worth drinking from - I will let the humans know by hitting it with my paw so it tilts on to its side, then remove my paw so that it drops back down with a clang. If this fails, I'll pick up the bowl, take it to the nearest human, and hit them on the shin with it. That usually gets their attention!

4. I love all other animals... Hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, and cats. But not birds! After a bad experience I had with our budgie, Charlie, I swore revenge on all feathered creatures, so birds are the one animal I will chase with intent to harm.

5. I hate vegetables so much that I will even spit out something like a pea if one is left whole in my dinner. The only vegetables I don't mind too much are carrots, but they have to be raw, and I will only eat them if I'm in the mood to do so.

6. I can do quite a few things... sit, wait, beg, and dance (exagerated beg where I move about a bit), but there are two commands that - despite the best efforts of my humans - I've never learned... "Lay" and "roll over"... I just can't do them!

7. I have very selective hearing, to the point where people have suggested I may be deaf. But I'm not. Mami tested it out... She tricked me by whispering some of my favourite words - "cheese" and "walkies" - in a crowded train station, and has put it to the test since (she's sneaky). I just ignore what I don't want to listen to.

Anyway, as for who I'm passing it on to... Well, first I'm giving it to my bestest online kitty friend, Karma, then I will issue an open invitation to any other furkids who are online... That includes you, Gwydion, so get your nose out of your food dish and get on here to take your turn at this thing!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*giggles*

I recall hearing about the Budgie Attack...

How is Jade Bramblerose these days?

I betcha you could lay and roll over if you wanted - you just dont wanna!

*gives his buddy Kero an ear waggle and a treat*

Lynn said...

Congrats on your award Kero and I loved reading about you, thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

Thanks, Kero.
7 random things...for Iggy and Kero.

1. I just discovered I love eating ferns. It got taken away from me and hung up high by the ceiling no matter how much I cried and begged.

2. My human obviously doesn't understand what I am saying. Sometimes she seems to get the gist, but other times she fails miserably. I get so fed up with her.

3. My human is awake and asleep any old time of day, which is fine with me unless she's awake just way too long. Interferes with my naps, because I like to keep an eye on her. You never know when humans might leave home or step on you (I have a terrible fear of being stepped on, even if mine hasn't done it in years).

4. My favorite time of day is whenever my human wakes up and gets out of bed. Then it is treat time--eventually. I happily wait and purr and rub my head on everything and anything--waiting thru all the strange things humans do like shower and brush teeth--waiting for my special treat in my special bowl. Ahhh! Best time of day.

5. Well, I do like cuddling with my human on occasion. But only when I feel like it. I let her know and have to wait till she gets the pillow ready (it hurts when I step anywhere on her cause she has something wrong with her--another reason to keep an eye on her) and then I sit up on her chest on the pillow. But I do not like it if she tries to do anything else but pay attention to me--like drink her coffee or read--nothing else but cuddle and pet me. I only stay about ten minutes and then I'm gone. It's the least she can do.

6. Only I know why I decided I don't trust anybody else but my own human--and I am not telling. I don't even totally, totally trust mine. Hey, I had it rough as a kitten. I came with issues, okay.

7. Truth. I really do love my human and we are generally in tune with each other. I do like to nap close to her sometimes and when she leaves for any length of time I sit by the door waiting for her to come home. I actually miss her when she's gone.

Now--I need a nap.
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

Kero, your number 7 had me chuckling. LOL

And Karma...you are too much. LOL

Intense Guy said...

*giggles at Karma*

Smiles.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
Yeah, Mami posted about the budgie thing in the past; awful experience for me!

Shhhh... I don't want my humans knowing I could lay and roll over if I wanted to!

Jayde is doing fine. We had an over the phone barking session not too long ago... Was fun. The humans didn't think so, but we were enjoying it!

Lynn:
Thanks, and you're welcome!

Karma:
That's so awful about your new found treat being taken away. Humans say they have good reasons for stuff like that, but I can only imagine how upset you must have been!

Humans are tricky things... I know what you mean about how sometimes they seem to be understanding then... Nothing! Also, I know what you mean about needing to keep an eye on them... Humans are sneaky!

Hope you enjoyed your nap... Sorry for keeping you up so long with having you answer some questions.

AK:
Thanks!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero