Monday, July 18, 2011

Coughs and crafts

*Cough, cough, cough*

Yep, I still have this Summer cold, complete with annoying cough!

Judging by everyone else who's had it I'm not going to be getting rid of it any time soon either... It seems to be one of those ones that likes to linger as long as possible.

*Sigh*

Anyway... That's enough of that...

I haven't done any card making for a while. I stopped doing it when I lost my sight. But I decided I want to get back in to doing it. My Mam thinks she still has all my craft stuff, so next week she'll come and get me so I can help her look, and if she does have it she says I can have it back. Some of it wont be much use to me any more, but I already know what I'll be doing with that stuff.

I also - in case Mam doesn't have my stuff any more after all, and... Well, just because getting new stuff is always nice - ordered myself some craft items from "The Craft Superstore" (which should be with me by the end of the week). I ordered some plain cards with envelopes, and all sorts of fun things I can stick on the cards to make tactile pictures on them (as well as glue and glue dots to stick the things on with). Things like foam shapes, etc.

I doubt my cards will be even half as good as the ones many of my online friends make. I know that Rita, for example, makes absolutely fantastic cards - I know, because I've received a few of her cards - and I could never hope to make cards as good as hers. But I'm going to do my best (and enjoy doing it), and that's what counts, right? I mean, it's the thought and effort behind the card that matter most, isn't it?

Oh, and if anyone is wondering...

I've almost finished Pia's Ryan's scarf, and will soon be ready to start on Max's plane (yes, that's right, I decided I would go with the plane for Max).

13 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I think I have ordered from the Craft Superstore in Canada before. I bought all kinds of stuff to make a cookbook with it, but I never got around to it! gesh. I hope you find some of your things at your Moms though!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
I hope so too... I had LOADS of stuff!

Rita said...

Oh, what fun! I hope you find your old cardmaking stuff. And new supplies coming, too! Whoohoo!!

My cards aren't all that fancy, but thank you. The fact that your card would be handmade is what makes it special. That's why your knitting and sculptures mean so much--made with love. :):)

Can hardly see what supplies you find, are delivered, and what you make with them. :)

Rita said...

Oh, and sorry you still have that crummy cough!

See--I get sidetracked easily by craft supply and card talk--LOL!!

Toriz said...

Rita:
Don't sell yourself short; you make fantastic cards!

I'll take photos of the stuff when it comes, and also of any bits I do manage to find of my old craft supplies. If - as Mam suspects - it's all there, then there will be a lot of it for me to sort through.

*Chuckles at your comment about being distracted by craft supplies* Yeah, I know you do! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh you poor thing! Those lingering colds are SO annoying!! I've found that cough medicine never works in liquid form, but love the gel pills!! They really seem to do the trick on quieting coughs, and for 12 hours at a time too!!!

LOL @ Rita and getting off subject when crafty stuff is being discussed!!! I always say I have ADOS (Attention Deficit OH SPARKLY!) I'm so thrilled that you are getting back into card making!!! It's my passion and it makes me so happy when others are enjoying it too.

I must be daft, but I didn't realize you had vision issues! And you do so much (blogging, knitting, etc!) that I would have never known if you hadn't mentioned it! BRAVO to you!!! Big hugs!

Intense Guy said...

Gosh, I hope you can shake that cold much sooner than you think you will!!

Rita and Queenie make some marvelous cards - and I'm sure yours will be treasured by their recipients!!

Fingers crossed that Mam finds a pile of card-makings!

Hugs

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear you still have that cold. Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Have fun with the card making. :)

I'm sure Max will love the plane you make for him. :)

Deanna said...

Kudos to you on your decision to begin making cards again! You always achieve everything you set out to day. So, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be successful in making some awesome cards!

Now get rid of that cold and get crafting!!!!!

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
I try to avoid medicine in general, so when I do give in and take it then it usually works quite well on me. It's getting me to take it that's the hard part. LOL!

Love that... ADOS... LOL!

I always loved crafting in general, but when my sight went I... Well, let's just say I had some issues. The result being that I gave away most of my stuff, and it's taken me a while to get to a point where I actually feel I can do some of the stuff that I know I can do, if that makes sense.

Don't feel bad, most people don't seem to notice that I'm blind (despite the fact it does say on my profile). LOL!

Iggy:
I hope so too (about the cold).

I've never had one of Jeannie's cards, but I know you've mentioned them being fantastic in the past. But I've had a couple from Rita, and I know how good hers are; I hope mine are even half as good! :)

Mam's going to have a look next week; will let you know if anything is found (she's pretty sure all my stuff is there, and easy enough to locate).

*Hugs you back*

AK:
Thanks! *Hugs*

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna! Will do my best! :)

Intense Guy said...

We got to send you a Queenie Card then!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Absolutely! :)