Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Courses and Gwydion

Almost all my courses are finished, and it takes a couple of days for new courses to start, so I decided to go ahead and get myself signed up for the next batch. If you're interested, the courses in this batch are as follows:

Analysing Horror Stories
Biography Writing
Comic Book Script Writing
Creating Super Villains
Creating Superheros
Creative Thinking Techniques
Dungeons And Dragons
E-Book Writing And Publishing
Enhance Your Writing Mind

As I think I said before, a lot of the writing ones I might not use; I have no idea when - or if - I would want to be writing a comic book, for example. I figured since they were free and available I might as well grab them though. I mean, why not?

And the Dungeons And Dragons one? Well, I already know how to play it, but I figured... Well, you know... It's free! Besides, they give you certificates, and I thought it would be really cool to have a certificate that says I know how to play it! LOL!

***

Gwydion's started something really cute. When I bring him his food, he's started doing a little running around game where he does two laps around his cage, then goes in his bed part - with only his head sticking out - to wait for me to put the food in his cage. He used to just skip to the part where he goes in his bed. Guess he's finally decided it's OK to exercise a little? LOL!

***

We've had some lovely weather lately, and last night we had a storm. Nothing like the big storms some people have had, but still cool (to me).

***

And that's all I really have to say today. I've got a couple of posts I'll be doing in the next few days, but right now I'm really tired and sleepy, so I'm going to check my e-mails, have some supper, and go to bed. I think my relaxing bubble bath (complete with soothing music and insense) did a really good job of getting me relaxed. So, e-mails, supper, and bed, I think... I'll get to everyone's blogs tomorrow, I'm too tired to worry about them tonight.

12 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Sounds like gwindoyn is very excited to get her food! Freddy does that whenever he knows he's getting his chicken.

Celticspirit said...

Gwidion is a silly one, that''s for sure.
I just signed up for the Buddhism class and will try that one out to see if I like it and then I may sign up for some more. Figured I'd just do one at a time for now since I'm so busy with the house. How long does it take to get the classes in email?

Rita said...

You must be snagging every writing class they have--LOL! Like you say, why not--they're free! And you can do them when you get time to do them. Nice!

Mr. Weakers--aha! You finally found a way to get him to exercise!! ROFL!! ;)

I should go and look and see if there are any other classes I might want to gather up and save for next winter. ;)

Lynn said...

Wow Tori that is great with the courses I know you will enjoy your next batch, hope you are well :o)

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Yeah, he loves his food, LOL!

Barb:
It says on the bottom of the page for each course (somewhere near the "sign up for this course" button, but as a general rule you will get the courses roughly 2 days after you sign up, and a lesson will come each day (some it's every 2 days). As for time to do it... There's no work to send back, so it doesn't matter if it takes you years to get around to it, you still get your lessons come through, and your certificate automattically arrives the day you get your final lesson. The ones intended to get you doing something productive (like starting a buisness, or something like that) will often include links in there to help you go further with things and all that.

Rita:
You got it; I'm snagging every writing class they have! LOL! If I have even a passing interest in it, I'm grabbing it. If it's to do with writing, I'm grabbing it. Then at a later date I can sit down and do the coursework. :)

Yeah, I don't know what started it, but I'm trying to encourage it. Whatever works, right?

Yep, you should... While you know they're still available! ;)

Lynn:
Yes, I'm sure I will! :)

I have one of those nasty Summer colds, but other than that I'm OK. Hope you are too!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your courses sound really interesting!! You'll have to let us know how they are!

I've never played D&D but I remember when the game came out and all the boys were nutz over it! I guess girls could play too, but where I lived only the boys did it.

I hope you are still having lovely weather!! It's so hot and humid head your brain fries if you go outside in the afternoon!!!

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
For now I'm just collecting the courses, but afterwards I'll start doing them, and when I do I'll tell you about them. I'll probably share some of the work (especially from the writing ones).

Not many girls play the games to be hhonest. But I enjoy it because of the whole use your imagination factor of it. It's sort of like a group story you make up as you go along, only you aren't entirely in control, because the dice get a say. So when you look at it like that it's really exciting to someone like me; a writer! :)

Weather's perfect here today (for now). Nice and sunny, but not too hot... Just how I like it! :)

Intense Guy said...

:)

I'm relieved to hear Gwyddy is doing some "laps". He needs some exercise even if what he eats is all "heart healthy" salads and such!

And you really got a bundle of cool looking classes! I know you will do well - because I bet you could teach some of them!

Hmm.. certified in D and D! That would be nice to see framed and hanging on the wall!

Deanna said...

Hehehe about Gwydie. She's been holding out on you.

Some of those writing courses sound interesting.... others not so much... but then like you say, they are free! I hope you enjoy the next batch.

Don't you just love a nice rain shower or two? Enjoy!

Deanna

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yep, he needs the exercise! Hope he keeps it up! LOL!

I'm not going to put the certificates on the wall, got a special folder ready so Kelly can print them all out and put them in it. There will be too many for the walls! ;)

Deanna:
Yep, seems like he has been holding out on me! LOL!

Some of them don't sound like anything I plan to write to be honest, but since they're free I figured I'd grab them. You never know, I may enjoy doing the course so much that I end up writing something from it afterwards!

AliceKay said...

As long as the classes are free, grab away and enjoy them when you get the time to do them.

Gwydion must look pretty cute running around and then peering at you from his bed. LOL

We're enjoying a perfect summer day in northeastern Pennsylvania today. High around 80F with low humidity and a breeze to keep the bugs away. :)

Hope you slept well.

Toriz said...

AK:
*Nods* That's my thinking! :)

If I could I'd get a video clip of Gwydion for you to see, but I can't work the video function on my phone, and also can't get videos off it and on to the computer. It is cute though!

Sounds nice (the weather, I mean).

I slept well; a little over 6 hours, with no waking in the middle (that's about as good as my night usually gets, so YAY!)