Friday, March 23, 2012

Celebrating Ostara 2012

To celebrate Ostara (or the Vernal/Spring Equinox, if you prefer) we baked some flower shaped chocolate chip and ginger cookies, which are pictured below:



Also, I had some cake/chocolate moulds of eggs, rabbits and chicks come with the "Spring Special" that arrived Tuesday morning with my "Baked And Delicious" magazine, so I decided to see if they worked with cookies. The rabbits and chicks didn't (I assume because the dough didn't get in to the moulds as well as a more liquid thing like cake mixture or melted chocolate would) but the eggs did:


Kelly and I also exchanged a chocolate rabbit and egg. Here are mine:



We also had a few walks (the first of which was the one during which the photos posted yesterday were taken). And we had our first salad of this year; even Kelly - who isn't a big fan of salad - had some. The dogs both enjoyed the walks, as well as the bit of cheese they got when we were having our salad. I don't think they knew - or cared - that it was meant to be a holiday though, LOL!

I also started painting some flower magnets, which I thought would be a fun Spring activity to do (especially since I don't have a garden I can be planting things in). I haven't sorted photos of them yet though, because they're only just finished. It may say "10 minuts per magnet" and there may only be 5 of them, but if you want to wait for each coat of paint to dry properly before you do another, then wait for that to dry properly before you paint with another colour, then it takes a couple of days. And, yes, I painted them myself. Not an easy task, but I decided I wanted to do it anyway. Kelly helped with which colour was which though, obviously.

And that's it. I was going to do a meditation ritual, but I got tired - partly due to having a rather random sleep pattern right now - so I went to bed instead, LOL!

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Your cookies and candy look yummy. Cute rabbit, too. :)

I think it's great that you decided to paint the flower magnets yourself. Way to go, Tori! :)

Have a good Friday. *hugs*

Rita said...

Your cookies look good! And chocolate--what can I say. ;)

I can hardly wait to see your painted magnets. You've been busy, that's for sure. I know what you mean about having to wait for layers to dry. Takes a lot longer because of the wait time added in. You do a lot of that with watercolor painting, too.

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

That corgi :) said...

How cute to exchange the egg and rabbit; maybe you guys shared a bit of both together? Delicious looking cookies too! Very creative to paint the flower magnets for your own touch of spring!

betty

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks! :)

I'll have to have Kelly help with the varnish stuff, but I did the paint myself; wanted to since I couldn't really plant stuff... I figured I'd swap planting for painting this year. ;)

Hope you're having a good Friday; enjoy what's left of it!

Rita:
You could say, "yum!" ;)

*Nods* Yep, you have to do that regardless of the type of paint. I think if you just add up the time spent with painting each magnet then it will come to about 10 minuts each, but it's taken a few days because of allowing things to dry properly. Nevver mind. As soon as Kelly does the varnish tomorrow they'll be done.

You have a good weekend too! :)

Betty:
We always end up sharing each others chocolate. Well, when it's something both of us like. If one or the other of us has something the other doesn't like then we don't (for example, Kelly doesn't eat anything with raisins in, so he wont have any of my chocolate with raisins in if I have some).

And, thanks; I thought painting flowers when I couldn't plant any would be a good trade-off... And fun! :)

Intense Guy said...

The bunny and eggs look great - and the cookies, I bet they're all gone already!

:)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
*Shuffles feet guiltily* The thing is, they were really tasty.... *Shuffles feet guiltily again*... In other words, yes, they're all gone! LOL!