Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photos from February 2012's 2nd snowfall

When we had the second snowfall last month, I decided to take my camera out in to the little patio area we have as a garden to see what photos I could manage to get. And, here's what I got:

Snow falling from the sky...


Snow falling beyond the railings...


The steps up to the street covered in snow...


It was the wet sort of snow that doesn't stay long, so by the afternoon it was already melting fast. Still, I managed to get these photos:







It looks like there'll be no more snow here this year. Still, we had two snowfalls, which is more than I was starting to think we'd get. And it was enough for me to be able to play snowballs with Willow (I would have played with Kero too, but apparently such games are beneath him these days). So I'm happy. OK, so I'd have liked more, but at least we got some snow in the end,, right? Besides, I always want more snow, no matter how much we get, LOL!

9 comments:

Rita said...

Our late snow will be melting away soon. We're supposed to be in the 50s and 60s the next few days. Early spring maybe. Who knows.

I'm glad you got some snow! Kero may have been holding back so as not be be trampled by a bigger dog. ;)

Hope you have a great week. :)

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy at least a little snow this year. Our biggest snowfall came in October. Mostly nuisance snow since then. We had lots of snow showers and snow squalls on Friday afternoon and night. The one that came down just as I was driving home from work left the ground covered.

Magaly Guerrero said...

The beyond the railings pic looks whimsical.

Toriz said...

Glad you all enjoyed the photos.

We haven't had any snow since these were taken last month. And I found it amusing that I'd set up this post several days back, and today was one of the hottest days we've had so far this year (or felt like it). LOL!

ChicagoLady said...

We have had a lot less than usual snow here this winter. Only about 15 inches has fallen and we normally get over 40 inches or about 100 cm. By Wednesday it is supposed to be over 70F.

I agree with Magaly, I like the picture looking through the railings best.

Intense Guy said...

While it can snow here as late as April, its not likely. I think we have had only 4 inches total - most of it way back in October. We had 44 inches this time last year... go figure huh? :)

I like the shots of the falling snow - it seems to peaceful.

Toriz said...

Chicago:
I'm guessing you're not complaining about the smaller amount of snow? ;)

Iggy:
I take it you're not minding the warmer year? ;)

Yes, it was peaceful; this was the day the bells were ringing while I was out enjoying the snow, and it felt like Christmas had come again in February!

Autumn said...

We didn't really get snow here. Very warm winter.

Toriz said...

Autumn:
I think most places had a warmer than normal Winter this year.