Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Recent re-reads

I recently re-read "Stonehenge" by Bernard Cornwell. It's one of my favourite books. It tells Bernard Cornwell's version of how Stonehenge may have come to be built. I've now read it several times, and always enjoy joining Saban as he spends his life attempting to build the temple his brother, Camaban, insists the Gods want built.

I also recently re-read a few of the books from Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series. I'm reading them in a very random order at the moment, because my cassette copies broke (listened to too many times I guess) so I'm replacing them as and when I can on CD, ending up grabbing them in random orders. Mind you, I wasn't totally up to date anyway, I had most of the first 29 books, but I had nothing after that, bearing in mind there are now 39 of them. Anyway, I recently re-read books 6, 23 and 29; "Wyrd Sisters,"Carpe Jugulum," and "Night Watch." I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love the Discworld books, and encourage anyone who hasn't done so to read them; especially if you're a fan of fantasy novels!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I've always found Stonehenge to be fascinating - no matter what the story might be...

:)

Rita said...

39 books in the series!! I'd never make it! LOL!
I have always been fascinated by places like Stonehenge, too. :)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
You and me both! :)

Rita:
LOL! Maybe get the audio versions and listen while you do crafts? Each disk is around an hour, which is just right for you to take a break after each disk. ;)

AliceKay said...

39 books in the series? Wow. That's a lotta books. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your books. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, a lot of books. And all of the ones I've read have been fantastic! :)