Saturday, March 03, 2012

Celebrating Valentine's Day 2012

We weren't meant to be doing anything special for Valentine's Day. Kelly decided I deserved a present though, so he got me this bear:


It has a little recording box thingy in it, so he recorded himself telling me he loves me. So now if I press the bear's right paw I hear Kelly telling me he loves me.

I didn't get him anything, but I did make him some heart shaped cinnamon choc-chip cookies:




I used the two smallest cutters from the set of four I had in my Valentine's swap package from Autumn (which you might remember me telling you about on Valentine's Day).

We also had Chinese food for dinner. And, yes, the dogs got some Chinese food too.

So much for not doing anything, LOL!

13 comments:

Autumn said...

Sometimes the simple gifts mean the most. How sweet to make him cookies and for you to get the bear.

Chinese food..yum!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I bet those love-infused cookies made Kelly's day. And he deserves it. So cute that you get to hear his voice telling you about his feelings every time you wish ;-)

Toriz said...

Autumn:
*Nods in agreement*

Mags:
Yes, he does deserve it! :)

AlphaBetsy said...

Sometimes you just can't resist doing at least something little. It sounds like you had a wonderful valentines day. :)

Lynn said...

Hey there Tori, I just loved this post, your Valentines Day sounds nice to me, your bear is cute and those cookies sure look yummers!

AliceKay said...

Aww, what a sweet bear. Very sweet thing for Kelly to do, too. :)

The cookies look yummy. I bet Kelly enjoyed your gift.

It sounds like you had a very nice Valentine's Day. :)

Toriz said...

*Nods at Betsy and AK

Lynn:
Good to see you! Yes, we enjoyed our Valentine's Day! :)

Rita said...

That's quite a bit for not planning on doing anything. What a sweet idea with the bear! And the cookies look good! Glad you had a nice time. :)

Intense Guy said...

:)

Sounds like the perfect Valentines Day...

:)

Mina said...

What a precious gift to have your love's voice telling you he loves you anytime you want it. Your cookies look amazing. Have a beautiful week.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Spontaneous celebrations are often the best! :)

Iggy:
It was! :)

Mina:
*Nods in agreement* Thanks; you too! :)

The Coexist Cafe said...

This is so sweet!! We're not big on V-Day, either, but this year ended up being pretty eventful. NGL, your V-Day sounds a lot like our Christmas. ;) Hope you had a wonderful (and, by the looks of it, delicious) day!

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
We did; hope you did too?