Thursday, November 08, 2007

Winter is almost here

Yes, Winter is almost here, and boy does it show! It's been really cold here over the past week or so, and you should have heard the wind earlier! Who knows, maybe this year we'll have snow for Christmas? I certainly hope so! (Although, I think I'm the only person in the family who does... LOL!)

Not really done much today.

The police visited Mam to get a written statement about what happened the other night. They didn't come to me though, because they are pretty sure the one statement will be enough. If they need one from me they'll come see me to ask for one though. While we wait for them to do all the paperwork and such, we will be getting in touch with the housing association we rent from to make a start on getting them to move us. Not really anything more I can say on that topic until something happens. Not sure how long it will take for something to happen, but I'll let you know when it does.

Anyway...

Was watching "The Simpsons" earlier and it was an episode I'd never seen before. I don't usually mention what happens on T.V. shows I watch, but I just had to mention this one thing.

Homer was spreading rumours via his web site, and when he ran out of true ones to spread, he started making them up. One of these was that there is a mind controling drug in the flu jab. Then Homer gets kidnapped and taken to this island where they are annoyed with him because he'd figured out about this. The bit I found funny in all this was that the guy Homer was talking to on the island told Homer that the mind controling drug in the flu jab was to encourage people to shop. Then he added, "That's why they're done just before Christmas." LOL!

The scary thing about that is something like that is actually possible. And, if it is the case, it's definately working on my Mam. LOL! (I don't have the flu jab, so it couldn't be affecting me... lol!)

OK, well, I can't think of anything else to write about, so I think I'll go to bed.

Tori.

7 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Well you could keep your alotment of snow and send everyone elses out here to Texas.... I wouldnt mind, honestly.

Glad the cops are getting something done *finally*...same with the housing association. 'Bout friggin time those idiots got in gear. A shame it took someone getting hurt and a call to a radio programme to get them off their duffs.

*HUGS*

AliceKay said...

*sends her snow to Texas too*

I hope things get resolved for you very soon, Tori. You need a better place to live so you don't have to endure that nonsense day in and day out. Good luck.

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
That works for me. As long as I get to keep my snow. LOL!

And, yes it is a shame things had to go so far before we could get something done.

AK:
I agree. Thanks.

LadyStyx said...

YAY!! Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! WhootWhoot!!

KAYLEE said...

LOVE WINTER!

theteacher said...

I think I must have inhaled a flu jab when I went to pick up my prescription as it's working on me too . . . LOL.

Tori_Z said...

LOL!