Friday, November 30, 2007

Fairies and things

Ended up not doing much on Wednesday. Got sleepy around 3:30 pm, so I went for a nap. This time it really was just a nap, I got up around 6:00 pm. Then I just had dinner before spending the evening just watching various shows on TV. Nothing special, just "The Simpsons" and "Friends" and that kind of thing. After that I went to bed and started listening to another of my audio books.

I finished the audio book yesterday (Thursday) before bed. It was another "childrens' story" called "Fairy Treasure" and written by someone called Gwyneth Rees. I really enjoyed it. I know I'm "meant to be" an adult, but I can't help enjoying those stories. This one was about a "book fairy" who was trapped in our world because she did something bad and was being punished for it. And, a little girl called "Connie" had to help her put things right. I wont say more than that though, because I don't like to give too much away when I'm telling you about books I've read or listened to. The only other thing I'll say is that it was a lovely story, especially if you enjoy stories about fairies.

Went shopping with Mam and Dad yesterday. Well, actually I only went shopping with Mam, Dad just drove the car and then stayed in it while we went around Asda. We did quite a big shop, so we were glad we had Dad's car and not Mam's car, because Mam's car is a lot smaller than Dad's car is. I wouldn't normally do a shop that big, but over the past couple of weeks we've only been getting essentials to make sure we have what we need to see us through to the next week, so our cupboards were looking quite bare.

I've now got almost all the stuff we're going to need for the buffet on Boxing day. And for Christmas day for just Kelly and myself. Hoping to get the rest next week as I don't want to leave it until just before Christmas or I wont be able to get half the stuff I want. Of course, there are some things that have to be left until the last shop before Christmas, but the stuff that can be frozen, and the stuff that keeps well, I want to get while I still can. In other words, before everyone else does, and they run out. LOL!

Kelly made me a cooked breakfast this morning. He'd planned to make me a cooked breakfast on my birthday, but I had to get up before him because of going shopping. And, every time he's planned to do it since then one of us have had to go out, or I've been up so long before him that I've already had breakfast. But, this morning we didn't have to go anywhere, and we got up around the same time, so he cooked me breakfast. I had eggs, sausages and toast with a mug of tea. It was very nice too!

Today (Friday) is Shireen's 9th birthday. I can't believe she's nine years old already! It seems like only yesterday she was a tiny little baby who couldn't even walk and talk. Now she's nine! Where has the time gone???

Jackie, Shireen and Elizabeth are visiting Mam this weekend. Jackie and Shireen are going home on Sunday, but Elizabeth is staying for a while. Not sure when they got there, but Shireen called me from my parents' place a little after 9:30 am to thank me for the birthday card I'd left up there for her, and also thank me for the money I'd put in it. She told me all the things she'd had for her birthday, but I've forgotten what she said... LOL!

There's still no sign of my snow, but I think a thunder storm is heading our way. I'm sure I heard some distant rumbles of thunder just now. Although, it could have just been the wind or something. The wind is sounding quite fierce right now, and you should hear the rain! Kelly got back from mailing the last of the Christmas cards I wanted to send out just in time by the sound of it.

Well, that's all I've got to say for today, so... Have a good day everyone!

Tori

3 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

the fairy story sounds really good, and i like fairy story's too so guess i'm just a big kid at heart,lol.

and hooray for dads with bigger cars than mums aye.

Kati said...

Hope you got your snow, Tori. Also glad to hear that you got out to do some real grocery shopping & got stocked back up on things.

I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with loving children's books. Some of my favorites to read over & over still are books I loved when I was younger. Like F.H. Burnette's "Little Princess" and "The Secret Garden" and Julie Andrews Edward's "Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles" and "Mandy".

If you can find "Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles" on audio-tape or cd, or have somebody read it to you, I think you'd REALLY enjoy it! And the "Julie Andrews Edwards" who wrote it is the same Julie Andrews who played "Mary Poppins" and "Frauline Maria" in "Sound of Music" and the queen-grandmother in the "Princess Diaries" movies.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
Yes, I think you would love this one. Even Kelly enjoyed it.

Kati:
I've never heard of "Last Of The Really Great Wangdoodles" before. Will have to see if I can find it. "The Little Princess" is one of my favourites too. I don't have the book (not on audio or print) but I have the movie. I have read the book though. It was one of the large print books they ordered special for me when I was in school, and I've borrowed it from libraries on various occassions since. I believe it's on the list of books to look for that I gave my Mam though.