By William Horwood
"Description: Kenneth Grahame's classic story of Mole, Ratty, Badger and Toad have been updated for a generation of new readers. In this sequel, the characters are brought to life. Most of the joy, magic and humour of KG's original novel have been re-written here. Toad is still as exasperating and lovable as ever.
Summary: If you have any affection for the characters in The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame you will love this book. All the characters are still their - well written and nicely illustrated."
(Above taken from this page).
I can't speak for the illustrations, since my audio copy obviously didn't have any of those, but I can honestly say that if you enjoyed reading Kenneth Grahame's The Wind In The Willows - which I did... Though I haven't read it in years - then you will love this one! And, if you haven't read either... Well, then you know what to add to your reading list, don't you? ;)
7 comments:
I have always loved Wind in the Willows! I hope you have a good day Tori :o)
I remember reading "The Wind in the Willows" but seems like it was ages ago. Might have been a requirement in Literature class in high school but I'm not positive. I'm not a book reader anymore so don't have a list to add to, but I'm sure glad you loved the book. :)
Lynn:
What's not to love? ;)
Yes, it's been a good day. Hope yours has too!
AK:
Well, if you ever decided to start a new book list, you should add it to the list. ;)
I don't think I ever read Wind In The Willows. I'll add it to my list from the library to check out.
Never read The Wind in The Willows. Sounds like a good book series, tho. :)
Hmmm... an exasperating and lovable toad.... yep.. I gotta read this book...
:)
Hugs!
*Agrees with Iggy*
Chicago & Rita:
You should definately read The Wind In The Willows, as well as this book!
Post a Comment