Thursday, June 14, 2007

Basically books

I read a couple of those short stories last night. I was going to just read one of them, but I couldn't sleep, so I decided to read a few. I've got half a dozen or so left, so no big deal. And it's not like I don't have other books I could read while I wait for books seven and eight from the A Series Of Unfortunate Events series.

So, last night, I read:
  • The Tale Of Pigling Bland by Beatrix Potter
  • Notso Hotso by Anne Fine
  • The Perfect Hamburger by Alexander McCall Smith
  • Winnie The Pooh - Growing Up Stories
  • Rala Rwdins by Angharad Tomos
They were cute stories. They're definitely more for little kids than for people my age. Although, 'Notso Hotso' and 'The Perfect Hamburger' are, obviously, for older kids than the others are. Maybe next time Shireen is here, I can get her to stay still long enough to read one to her? Or, maybe not! Shireen's not big on staying still. She's also not all that interested in paying attention to books. When I have kids of my own, I'll have to try and encourage them to enjoy books. Then I can read those books to them.

I don't know why I read the Winnie The Pooh one. It's not like I don't know what kind of stories they'd be. But, it was in the pile, so... *Shrugs helplessly*

And, for those who don't know - which will be most, if not all of you - Rala Rwdins is a Welsh children's book. I don't know if the TV series is based on the book, or the book is based on the TV series, but there are both books and a TV series out. There's a whole set of them, and Rala Rwdins is the first book. I somehow got book seven (not sure on title and can't be bothered to look) so when I saw the first book I figured I'd buy it. I mean, if I'm going to have a book from the set, I might as well get the whole set. I'm sure my kids will enjoy them. When I have kids, of course.

I'll be reading another story - or, perhaps another couple of stories - again tonight.

Today is Kelly's Aunt (my Mother-In-Law's sister, Susan)'s birthday. I don't think she reads my blog, but neither do a lot of the poeple I say happy birthday to. So, I'm going to say, "Happy birthday Aunt Sue" anyway.

Going to town tomorrow. Got to get Kero a new lead, and get a few other bits that we'll need between now and Tuesday. Like food. You never know, maybe I'll come home to find my books have arrived! I wont hold my breath though. I had thought I might actually get this series read before July 21st, which is when 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' comes out. Doesn't look like it now though, does it? Although, I suppose, if books seven and eight hurry up, I might still be able to finish the series in time.

Anyway, I think that'll do for today.

Tori

1 comment:

AliceKay said...

Wow...you read a lot! Which is a good thing to do. :)

Happy Birthday (belated birthday by the time I read this and comment)to Aunt Sue! *winks*