Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gynaecologist, fruit & things

I got up about 4:00 am. Not intentionally, I just woke up, and I couldn't get back to sleep. And, since I've been out all day, I'm extremely tired right now.

Today was my gynaecologist appointment.

He wasn't all that bothered that I hadn't lost much weight. He was glad I'd lost some, but didn't seem all that concerned that it wasn't nearly as much as I was meant to have lost. So, he's writing to my doctor to get me a fertility medication that should make me ovulate properly - which I'm not doing properly - and, in doing so, should increase my chances of getting pregnant. I have to call the doctor surgery in about a week to see if they've received the letter from the gynaecologist, and if so, when my pills will be at the pharmacy for me to pick up. Then I have to go see the gynaecologist again in three months. He'll be sending me an appointment closer to the time.

Anyway...

Considering today is Midsummer's Day, it's been a miserable, wet day. It's been kind of warm though, which is probably why we've had scattered thunderstorms over the last couple of days.

I've tried some new fruit type 'snacks' over the last two days. Last night, I had a sort of 'Summer fruit desert' type of thing, which consisted of... Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, covered with strawberry yogurt. And, I tried something I got while I was in Tesco on Tuesday, which was called a 'HumZinger Fruit Stick.' Then, today, I had a strawberry and banana smoothie, some apple and orange fruit flakes, and right now, I'm drinking a cranberry and raspberry smoothie. The Summer fruit desert was really nice, so were the apple and orange fruit flakes. I quite liked the strawberry and banana smoothie too. I'm not sure I like the fruit sticks or the cranberry and raspberry smoothie much though. I'll finish the ones I have, but I'm not planning on buying (or making) them again.

I've watched a few movies over the last couple of days too. I watched:
  • Baby's Day Out
  • Canadian Bacon
  • The Aristocats
I'd seen them all, and enjoyed them all. Although 'Canadian Bacon' was on more for Kelly, since he quite likes that movie.

I've not done much reading over the last couple of days, because I've been listening to 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban' on audio CD. Although, I read a book on Tuesday called "My Dad's Got An Alligator," which was by Jeremy Strong. And, today, I started reading "The Vile Village," which is book seven in Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

Well, I'm going to go watch 'The Simpsons' then go to bed.

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Will keep good thoughts for you and Kelly, and maybe someday soon, you'll have some good news for all of us. *hugs*

Tori_Z said...

Thanks AK. I hope so!

Robyn said...

um sorry to ask, but who is Kelly?

Tori_Z said...

Robyn,
Kelly is my husband.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

all the best to you and kelly , and lets hope that in the not to distant future we will have some good news .

love to you both
grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Grandmas