Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lemony Snicket - The Ersatz Elevator

I know, I know! I was 'meant to be' taking my time with this one so as to give Play time to find, or replace, books seven and eight for me. But, I couldn't help it! I just couldn't put this one down, for some reason. It's been a while since I've sat and read chapter, after chapter, after chapter, without so much as getting up for a drink, or snack, or whatever. But that's what happened with this book. The story was a bit slow to start, making the first chapter a little dull, but by the time I was finishing chapter two, I was so eager to read what happened next that I was reading whenever I could. Even if it was just a page or two at a time. Last night, when I picked the book up to read a little, I had just started reading chapter nine. A few hours later, however, I had finished reading the entire book. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much! LOL! Unfortunately, I now have to wait for at least a week before I can continue reading the series. So, while I wait, I will be reading the short story books that I've acquires from various cereal boxes, boxes of tea bags, or other means. Most of them are stories meant for youngsters, but no book goes on my shelf without first being read, therefore, I need to read them. And now, while I wait for book seven to arrives, seems like a good time to do so.

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Are the books you accquired any good?

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoy reading books. It's a wonderful hobby and a great learning experience. (something i haven't done in an long time)

Tori_Z said...

Robyn,
I haven't started reading them yet. I'll let you know if they're any good after I've read them.

AK,
I've always loved to read. And write. Ever since I knew how to. My parents have told me that by the time I was starting school (so, I would have been almost four) I was telling people off for drawing in books that had writing already in them. And I won a medal for a writing compatition when I was about seven. Competing against children of about eleven and twelve years old. I still have the medal. It's just a shame that my spelling skills leave a lot to be desired. LOL!

Tori_Z said...

This is the medal...
http://photo.ringo.com/178/178406076O213460570.jpg

I have a photo of it (along with other medals and certificates I've earned) in my photo albums.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i am sure that between writting stories and reading stories that you are excused a few spelling mistakes , ( well you are by me any way ) lol .and i am one of the worst for spelling mistakes .

grandma x

AliceKay said...

Way to go, Tori! :)

Tori_Z said...

LOL! Thanks Grandma!

Thanks AK! :)

Debby said...

I think it is so cool your grandmother reads your blog and gives you input.

Tori_Z said...

Yes, it is.

My Mam and Dad read it sometimes too. Though, I'm not sure how often. And, they don't tend to post.