Friday, June 15, 2007

A post full of Friday's things

I never did get any reading done last night. So, I guess I wont be telling you which stories I read last night. I did pick up a book a couple of times, and something would happen so that I never ended up reading any of it. First, someone knocked on the door. Then the phone rang. And, by the time all those things stopped happening, it was getting quite late and I needed to see about trying to get some sleep.

It's been a funny day - weather wise. All day, it's alternated between being hot and wet, hot and dry, dry but a bit windy, and wet and a bit windy. With no particular pattern.

I went to town today. Mostly I went to get a few bits of food, but I also got:
  • A new, blue, lead for Kero
  • A rawhide ice-cream cone for Kero
  • A rawhide shoe for Willow
  • A new headset with a mic on it for Kelly
  • A new microphone for me for my PC
  • 2 baguettes (the usual tuna, sweetcorn, cheese & onion one for myself, and a plain cheese one for my Mam)
  • A Father's Day card for my Dad
And, my Mam got herself a pale grey pair of trousers with two thin, pink stripes down the legs, and a white t-shirt with a bit of pink on it. She also got me a pair of dark blue trousers, and a nice top. The top is a sort of two piece thing. The bottom layer is a plain, white t-shirt, and the top layer is a black sort of 'gypsy top' type thing.

I didn't come home to my books, as I'd hoped. Instead, I came home to find that the movies I'd ordered had arrived. The movies were as follows:
  • Baby's Day Out
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Great Expectations
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events
  • The Incredible Journey
I'm watching 'Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events' right now. I've seen it a good few times when it's been on TV, but that didn't stop me wanting to own it.

The only one of the others that I've seen is 'Baby's Day Out.' I watched it a few years back. Possibly when it was first out. My Mam had it (and possibly still has it) on video. And now, I have it on DVD.

I've seen 'Homeward Bound' - the newer version of 'The Incredible Journey' - but I haven yet to see the original version of 'The Incredible Journey' (which is what this one says it is).

As for 'Dances With Wolves' and 'Great Expectations'... I've heard them both on audio book, but never seen the movies. I'm hoping to get a chance to watch them some time in the next few days.

Anyway, I think this post is long enough. So, I'm going to hit 'publish' and go see if anyone else has posted anything on their blogs today.

Tori

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

you will love " dances with wolve's and great expectation's " i have seen both .

and if you have the very first " incredible journey " its bloody brilliant .

grandma x

ChicagoLady said...

Dances With Wolves is a wonderful movie! In my opinion, it gives a better idea of what many of the peaceful indians were like in this country before we put them all on reservations.