Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gwydion's Sunday squeaks: hot weather

Hi there humans. This is Gwydion again.



The weather has been very hot most of this week, and guinea pigs like me have trouble dealing with heat. I've tried to be my usual happy self, but in the afternoons when it gets most hot I can't help being grumpy. So during the hot days Mami has given me lots of cuddles and play time in the morning, but basically left me alone during the heat of the afternoon, only quickly checking me when giving me my tea, and before everyone settles for sleep.

During one of my not grumpy times Kero and I got to know each other better. He's getting to be a good dog, and doesn't keep trying to jump in my cage all the time now. He has the odd moment where you can tell he's thinking about it, but he hasn't done it for a whole entire week now. That's great for him! Especially since sometimes he even lets Mami come to see me without feeling it is essential for him to be right there to supervise.

I tried some new foods this week though. I tried banana, which I thought was OK, but far from being one of my favourites. I tasted cherries, which I think I quite liked. And I tasted green beans, which I did not like at all. I hated the green beans so much that I actually threw them out of my bowl, and tried to push some of them out through the wire mesh on the front of my cage. The other things I hdidn't like I just left, but I really hate green beans that much. Mami says that's fine by her, because it means more for her.



OK, well, I have a nice salad waiting for me in my cage. So...

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi ya Gwydion!

Sounds like you need a swimming pool and some suntan lotion and maybe a lounge chair with an umbrella drink too.

I hope the heat eases up - its hard being furry and hot.

I'm sure your violent green bean protest will keep them from ever coming back!!

Squeaks and noogies,

Iggy

AliceKay said...

I'm not especially fond of green beans either but I eat them once in awhile. Cherries are yummy, tho.

I don't care much for the hot and humid days we've been having. I can only imagine what it would feel like if I had fur like you. (umm..is it fur or is it hair?)

I hope you enjoyed your salad. Have a great week. :)

Rita said...

Glad Kero is giving you some space--hehe! I giggled out loud over here at your pushing the green beans out of your bowl and then out of your home because you dislike them that much. You sure got your point across--hehe! Glad you tried them, tho. ;)

I hope you can stay cool. Sprawling about usually helps. ;)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Iggy:
I'm not sure I like the idea of the lounge chair, but the rest sounds good!

I hope you're right about the green beans not coming back.

AK:
Fur is fine. And, yes, it does make coping with heat harder.

Rita:
Yes, you're right, sprawling does help.

And, I'm glad Kero is giving me some space too!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion