Friday, June 04, 2010

Kero's korner: someone new

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

Well, I'm not too sure what it is - the humans call it a "Gwydion" and a "guinea pig" and I'm not sure which it is that I'm meant to call it - but some new furry friend of some kind has moved in. It lives in a wooden house, which is beside the shed, in my garden.



This is its house.



I'm not sure what it is. I've met hamsters, rabbits, birds, dogs, cats, and even sort of met fish (through the glass of their tanks), horses (as they've passed us on the road, and with fences between us) and sheep (with fences between us) before. But I've never met one of these things. Even though I don't know what it is, I'm really trying to be friends with it.



But it doesn't seem interested.

I've even tried making it think it was my idea for Mami to bring food for it.



But it just doesn't want to be my friend.

I was a bit worried at first that Mami would pay more attention to the other furry thing than me, but she has been petting me, playing with me, and walking me just as much as she usually does. Well, apart from Wednesday when we didn't get walkies. But I made Mami suffer for that with a huge barking session. She obviously got the message though, because I got a longer walkies the next day. So then I was happy, and everything was good again.

The thing that confuses me with the Gwydion thing's house though is that it's allowed to come out of its house, and sometimes Mami then brings it in to our house. But when I jump in to its house, I get in big trouble. How come it can come in my house, but I can't go in its house? That just seems so unfair to me! I mean, I fit in there fine. OK, there isn't much room for me to move about when I'm in there, but I still fit in there easily.

Alright, I'm going to let this do for this week so I can go and see if the little furry thing will play with me now, or if it's still going to refuse to come out and play with me.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Laffs*

I love the perplexed expression on your face, Kero, in the first picture - it goes with what you are saying so very well.

And you jumped into "that" critter's house did you? I'm sure that caused some excitement. You see, it doesn't have a welcome mat out front... that makes a big difference you know.

Rubs your ears fondly,

Iggy

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
I jumped in there twice. The furry thing started squealing and running around, and Mami told me I was a bad dog, and to get out of the guinea pig house. I tried getting sympathy from Dadi, but he agreed that I wasn't meant to be in there. So I climbed out, taking most of the sawdust with me, so the humans then had to clean that up and give the furry thing some more. Mami then sat down with me and talked to me about how dogs aren't meant to go in guinea pig houses. But I just don't see why not.

I'm a bit confused right now.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Deanna said...

If the guinea pig starts bringing saw dust into your house, then you will have something to complain about for sure Kero! I think you've been quite a good sport, alll things considered.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you, Deanna!

Licks, sniffs, and tail wags for the compliment,
Kero

Rita said...

Dear Kero,
Just remember that human logic doesn't actually make sense a lot of the time. You have to humor them and follow their rules when you can (or feel like it) and then they are happy. The new furry critter is probably just scared of you because you are gigantic, stronger, powerful, louder, braver, and more beautiful. Some won't want to be your friend, tho--no offense. My roommate had a cockatiel bird for years that bugged me to no end, followed me about, made a lot of noise, and I never liked it. But it was still interesting to watch from a distance--and you can peek at the new critter thru its house door. Just be careful--in case it bites. That bird was always trying to chew on my tail. Disgusting!
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Kero said...


Hi Karma,
Thanks for the advice on the biting, and the lack of sense in human logic. Also, thanks for coming and replying to my post.

Lots of sniffs,
Kero

AliceKay said...

Poor Kero. I'm sure Gwydion will let you play with him sometime soon. In the meantime, looking thru the fence is a good idea.

(i love that look....LOL)

Toriz said...

Kero said...


AK:
I hope so. I really want to be his friend!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero