Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Late Wednesday post - including birthdays

There are two birthdays that happen today. One is Jo's Natalie's birthday, the other is my mother-in-law's birthday. So, I want to wish both of them a very happy birthday, even though I know Natalie wont read this, and I doubt my mother-in-law will read it.

There was a birthday on Monday too, but I forgot to mention it. It was my Grandma's birthday. I don't know if my Grandma still reads my blog or not, but if she is still reading my blog, then I don't want her to think I was just ignoring her birthday. I remembered that it happened, I just didn't remember to mention it in the post I wrote on Monday.

Anyway...

My lessons from those courses haven't shown up yet. They did say it might be more than 24 hours, but it's now been about 48 hours. If my first lessons aren't in my inbox by the time I come online tomorrow, I'll have to e-mail and find out why I haven't gotten them yet.

Since I didn't have my courses to work on today after all, I finished up sorting through all of the recipes on my Dad's forum, and putting them in the right sections for the types of recipes they are. I had started a while back, but the thought of how many there were to sort through was making me reluctant to do much at a time. They're all done now though, so that's really good. Or, I think it is. Anyway, I also did the write up for the Dungeons And Dragons roleplaying session we had on Sunday evening at the club.

I was going to be running a Call Of Cthulhu campaign in the near future, but I decided I didn't really want to. It's not that I don't like the system, because it sounds excellent. It's that I have loads of other things I'm wanting to do more. Like the courses, and my crafts. The courses are only short ones, but when I've done these two there are others I want to do. And, on top of that, about when I would have been due to run the campaign is when the council is due to do the work on this place. So, with all things combined I decided against it. That also means I'm not bothering to do a one off session when Carl comes for his visit at the end of July to start of August, since I was only doing that in preporation for my campaign. Besides, there are loads of things people are trying to fit in to that week as it is, so people wont have time to miss not doing my session.

Anyway...

We had a thunder storm earlier this evening. I'm not really surprised with how the weather has been changing between being warm and sunny, and being cold and wet all day long.

Kelly went to the Swansea club with Dad this evening, so he was gone during the storms. He was only gone for about half the time he usually is, but by the time he got back I'd washed, wiped, and put away the dishes, had a bubble bath, put on some laundry, and still had time to make a start on catching up on the posts and comments on the blogs from today.

I think that will do for tonight.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

It was cold, wet and rainy here too today.

I hope your course material shows up soon... and that they didn't get put in the spam or trash folders by mistake.

What crafts are you planning next?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
I have the spam filter turned off, and I did check "just in case" since that's the first thing I wondered... Sometimes even without the spam filter that can happen, after all. But, nope, it's not in there either.

I've got to finish the stuff for the giveaway, thhen I've got a whole stack of items I want to make for people as presents.

AliceKay said...

It was cold and rainy here today, too. Never even hit 60F. Still drizzly out there tonight.

Happy birthday to Natalie and to your mother-in-law and a happy belated birthday to your grandma.

I hope your courses show up in your Inbox when you go online tomorrow. (or is that today since it's after midnight over there now?)

That was kinda cool....a comment from you appeared when I looked at my preview. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
LOL! If I'd stuck around a little longer, I'd have been able to reply to you last night. ;)

Rita said...

I hope your first lessons have showed up by now. (I'm catching up on blogs tonight.) Sounds like you were better off not committing yourself to the gaming with all that you have coming up--especially if they start working on your place. You're smart not to over-book yourself. ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks. Yeah, I already made that mistake last year with crafts. I'm finally getting caught up on those though.