Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Virgin in the Ice

By Ellis Peters

Series: Brother Cadfael

"Winter, 1139, and Brother Cadfael's tranquil life at Shrewsbury monastery is once again interrupted by violent, mysterious happenings. As civil war rages close by, two orphans of a great family and their companion, a nun, disappear in the woods. Cadfael sets out to find them."

(Above taken from this page).

Another great mystery story, which has a surprise ending... The best kind! I recommend this book to all mystery lovers!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hey! I've actually seen this one!

Derek Jacobi plays the main character in our Public TV series - he is excellent!

This is a (YouTube snippet) for the others if they might like a peek. :)

AliceKay said...

A surprise ending for a mystery is always the best kind. Who wants a mystery that can be figured out part way thru? Glad you enjoyed it.

Rita said...

OMG! I love that series that was on PBS with Derek Jacobi and I saw every one of them! I've only read a couple of the books, but they were even better than the series--having even more in the plots that they couldn't fit into the program time allowed. Awesome!!! I'd suggest you read every one you can get your hands on! They are most excellent! :):)

PS Derek Jacobi was also amazing in "I Claudius"!

Deanna said...

Oh how I love surprise endings! Am going to check this one out!

Toriz said...

I have another from the series that I've read (it's waiting for an oppertunity to be published... Saved in draft right now). I haven't seen the TV series, but Kelly mentioned seeing it and enjoying it. He also said about the fact a lot of the contents of the book weren't in the TV show. That's normal though.