Wednesday, June 02, 2010

News from my not so interesting life (FD)

My Thursday didn't go as I had planned it. I had lunch, messed about on the laptop a bit longer, cleared out the pots that needed to be moved for Gwydion's cage to be put where they were, broke up some boxes I discovered had been shoved in the shed (I think they were from the swingseat) and then sorted stuff ready for dinner. After dinner I went to do the recipe sorting on my Dad's forum, but I decided I couldn't be bothered, so I went to watch TV instead.

On Friday I basically got up, did the chores I normally do in the morning, fiddled about on the laptop a bit, had lunch, then went to the pet shop with my Mam. You know the result of that trip. ;)

When I got home, I settled Gwydion in his cage, wattched a movie, had dinner, watched another movie, made sure I was caught up on blogs and such, sent Iggy Gwydion's photos for him to sort, then went off to watch some TV before bed.

Saturday was basically spent doing chores - why is there always so much laundry, and so many dishes to wash? - and playing with Kero and Gwydion. When I wasn't doing any of that, I was sorting blogs, sorting things on Dad's forum, and writing the posts for the movies I watched Friday. They are saved in "draft" and will be posted some time in the near future.

On Sunday I basically got up, got dressed, fed the "boys" and sorted mine and Kelly's tucks for club. Then I made sure I had everything packed up to go to club, walked Kero, and just got back before Mam arrived to take us up there. We had dinner with them, thhen spent the afternoon and evening at club. By the time we got home, it was late, so I just went to bed.

I'd put some washing on the airer to dry while we were out on Sunday, so after having breakfast, feeding, petting, brushing, and giving fresh water to both Kero and Gwydion, I grabbed the dry clothes off the airer, and put them away. Speaking of the airer, Rita asked what it was, so I took a photo of it. So, here it is, beside my cooker in my kitchen.



It's nothing special, but it works, and takes no electricity to do so. It's sort of like a compact washing line, which is portable, and can be folded away when not in use. I did have a tumble dryer, but its door flew off, and wouldn't stay on, so it wouldn't work. I considered buying a new one, but I decided that I prefer to just use the airer. It costs nothing to run, and it's sort of like being able to put your clothes out on the line no matter the weather. I think Kelly wishes we had a dryer sometimes, but I do the laundry, so he said it was my job to make the final choice. And this is what I chose.

Anyway...

I'd just finished doing the chores on Monday morning, and was about to take Kero out for his walk, when my Mam showed up with Jo (a family friend) and Jo's youngest two children, Natalie (almost 13) and Owain (almost 7). Jo's other two weren't with her. Daniel (almost 18) was playing on the computer with my Dad at my parents' place, and Tony (almost 15) was out with his mates, and didn't want to come for the visit. Anyway, they didn't stay long, and when they left I took Kero for the walk I'd promised him before they arrived.

After the walk I spent some time out in the garden, had lunch, washed the lunch dishes, and after that? Well, after that I spent the afternoon doing the write ups for the roleplaying and figure gaming that happened Sunday, caught up on the posts on Dad's forum, caught up on blogs, watched some TV while drinking my milky drink, then went to bed.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I got washed and dressed, had breakfast, fed, brushed, cuddled with, and gave fresh water to Kero and Gwydion, then I sorted out a shopping list, walked Kero, put laundry on, and went to Asda with Mam. Well, we eventually got to Asda anyway. LOL!

The reason we didn't go straight to Asda was that it was getting close to lunch time by the time we got near it, so Mam offered to buy lunch. I accepted, and we went to Burger King. I'm not a big fan of Burger King as a rule, but I figured I'd give their veggie bean burger a try (especially since Mam really likes Burger King). It was actually a really nice veggie bean burger. Much better than any of the other burgers I had from Burger King in the past when I was still eating meat. And a tidy size for a medium one too!

Anyway, after I got back from my trip to Asda, I put away all of the food I'd brought while Kelly went up town to pay the gas, electric and rent. Then we had dinner, and I spent the rest of the evening alternating between doing things for and with the furbabies, fiddling on the laptop, and watching TV. Then I had my milky drink, and went to bed.

And now it's Wednesday evening, and all I've really done today is feed, pet, cuddle and play with Kero and Gwydion, do my various chores, and work on my knitting while watching TV.

I couldn't really do much more, because the guys from the council came to fix something on the roof, and they've put scaffolding up, so I can't go further than a few feet out of either the front or back door. Luckily, the swingseat and Gwydion's cage are practically just outside the back door, and I only need to go out of the front door if I'm going for a walk with Kero, or going out somewhere. So, the only thing not happening is my walk with Kero. I'm not happy about missing out on the walk, and Kero's not happy about it either. If I'd known they were coming I'd have made sure to walk Kero before they showed up, but first I knew of it was when they walked in the gate with scaffolding poles. It seems the "it's your home, so anything done to it you will be told about in advance" thing that the council says is the case, doesn't apply to external work. *Sigh*

Kelly's gone to the Swansea club with Dad, so I was hoping for a nice, quiet, calm evening... Just me and the furbabies. It started off nice and quiet, and calm... I sat on the swingseat with Kero and Gwydion for a while, then came on here to work on this post. But now Kero is barking his head off, so the quiet and calm is shattered. I think he's a bit grumpy from not getting his walkies today. I hope he calms down soon, because having a relaxing bubble bath just doesn't work with a dog barking, and I was hoping to have a relaxing bubble bath once I've done this post. Then, while my hair dries, I can do the rounds on the blogs and Dad's forum. Besides, he's giving me a headache!

OK, well, I think I'm going to let this do for today, and see if I can shut Kero up long enough to hear myself think. And - if I'm really lucky - long enough to enjoy my bubble bath.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

Tori

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Kero... if you dont stop barking you are going to go into that nice, hot, relaxing, luxurious bubble bath....

I hope they finish what they are doing on the roof today!! I have yet to figure out why it is so hard for people to give a courtesy call to give heads up when doing such things - it should would make life so much nicer.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
I managed to persuade Kero to be quiet. Apparently running the bath works a treat. ;)

My thoughts exactly... A little courtasy call goes a long way!

Rita said...

They never gave us a heads up when they worked on the outside window repairs on the buildings here, either. You could wake up with scaffolding and workmen right outside your window on third floor! And they were removing windows! Really freaked me out.

Poor Kero needs his walkies. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Your days fly by like mine, it sounds like. Next thing you know it's over. ;)

So glad to see a picture of the airer. Yes--it does look similar to the clothing rack my grandmother had, only hers was wooden. You're looks sturdier. I got a kick out of seeing that--thanks, Toriz! :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Well, at least with me I'm on the ground floor, so if they're up on the scaffolding then they aren't looking in my window. And at least I was up and dressed.

If they stick around too long I'll make Kelly come with us for the walk. He doesn't usually (partly due to his dislike of Wales' normal weather... Rain) but with that scaffolding there it's the only way Kero and I will get our walk.

I know the kind you're saying about... You can still buy those here, but I got this one intentionally because it seemed sturdier. My Mam has a plastic one in the old style, and it is so easily knocked over. Not mine though (really useful for someone like me who tends to knock things over on a regular basis... LOL!)

Deanna said...

Poor Kero was really upset about not getting his walkies, wasn't he. Glad he calmed down so you could have a relaxing bubble bath. Sounds like you are enjoying Gwyndolyn a lot. Can't wait to see some of the pictures.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Yep, I enjoy both my boys. :)

AliceKay said...

I have a wooden drying rack, and it's similiar to your airer, except as Rita pointed out, yours looks much sturdier. I haven't used it in a long time but got it out the other day to dry a few things that couldn't go in a dryer and didn't want to hang on my shower rack to drip, drip, drip all over my floor.

I'm finally catching up with your blog. It's been a crazy, busy week for me. Thanks for the email yesterday. I appreciate it. :)

*hugs*

Toriz said...

AK:
You're very welcome, but there's no need to thank me! :)

Good call on using the dryer rather than having the stuff drip all over the floor.