Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Is it worth the waiting for?
If we live 'til eighty four
All we ever get is long ni...ghts!
Ev'ry day we say our prayer --
Will they change the bill of fare?
Still we get the same old long ni...ghts!
There is not a nap, not a rest can we find,
Can we beg, can we borrow, or catch,
But there's nothing to stop us from getting a thrill
When we all close our eyes and imag...ine

Sleep, glorious sleep!
Dreams in which we're sighing
There's no need to weep --
During dreams in which we're flying
Snores, grunts, and murmers
What next will we dream?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
living the dream!

Sleep, glorious sleep!
We're anxious to try it.
Eight hours a night -
Resting, nice and quiet!

Just picture a great long nap--
The thought makes me weep -
Oh, sleep,
wonderful sleep,
Marvellous sleep,
Glorious sleep.

Sleep, glorious sleep!
What is there more handsome?
Naps, or full nights of sleep
Still worth a king's ransom!
What is it we dream about?
What brings on a sigh?
Doing all the things we've thought about
And reaching the stars so high

Sleep, glorious sleep!
Sleep right through the night
Just lay down your head
Close your eyes, and then you
Drift off to dream land
The thought makes me weep
The sleep,
Once again, sleep
Fabulous sleep,
Glorious sleep.

Sleep, glorious sleep!
Don't care what my dream's like --
Flying
Falling
Counting sheep
Don't care what the night's like.
Just thinking of napping like a cat --
Our senses go reeling
Just thinking of getting that
Rested feeling!

Sleep, glorious sleep!
What wouldn't we give for
That extra bit more --
That's all that we live for
Why should we be fated to
Do nothing but weep
Over sleep,
Magical sleep,
Wonderful sleep,
Marvellous sleep,
Fabulous sleep,

Beautiful sleep,
Glorious sleep

(The real lyrics can be found here).

Idea inspired by a comment made by Iggy in the not too distant past.

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

That's quite a catchy tune, Tori. You did great writing these lyrics. :)

I hope you're getting your sleep. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

LMAO... This is a marvelous tune and I like what you did with the words!

I'm sorry your sleep is so troubled though. Hope you are getting some rest.

Rita said...

OMG!! Sleep, glorious, magical sleep!! Yes! Yes! If I was any good at memorizing I'd be singing myself to sleep with this--hopefully--if I was lucky enough to be able to sing myself to sleep--ROFL!!

I really, really do hope you are getting some good sleep and rest over there. It can be just horrible when you can't sleep. Until you have had to deal without it, you don't realize how precious it is, right? Magical sleep--I am sending you some magical sleep from North Dakota. :):)

Toriz said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed myy lyric change. :)

I'm getting decent sleep for me, but it could be better.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yes, I agree! You don't realise how precious sleep is until you aren't able to get enough of it.