Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bella the Chihuahua

OK, I'll post about the new place soon... Yeah, I know you're dying to hear more about it, but I have a few photos from before we left the old place, and I want to post them first. Besides, I'll need to split the posts about moving in to about three posts to stop them getting too long, and I have something scheduled for Thursday and Friday already, and I want the posts to go one after another. Since Saturday will be my next "Get Off Your Broom" post - with the things in it for this week's mini challenge - I'll start the moving posts on Sunday. You will then get them Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, maybe even Wednesday too. But, back to today's post...

You may remember me mentioning Rita with Bella? Bella has been mentioned in Kero's posts a fair bit, and Rita is the one who helped us rehome Gwydion. Well, Rita stopped by to see us before we left for our new place, and brought Bella - a long-haired Chihuahua - with her. Thinking I knew a few people who would probably love photos, I asked Rita if it would be OK to grab some photos of Bella and post them. She said we could, but Bella's a bit camera shy so she wasn't sure how well we'd do with getting shots. I decided we'd try anyway, and - as it turned out - we did get a couple of photos of her, so it was worth the effort (she was hard to get photos of though; kept hiding from the camera). Anyway, here are the photos we got:

Timid Bella...


"OK, get it over with... Hi... There, I said it, now take the photo so I can go hide again!"


Bella and Kero...


I think Kero will miss Bella. Rita says she'll try and come for a visit in the Summer though, and she'll bring Bella (there's a hotel near here which seems to accept pets) so he'll get to see her then - if they do make it for a visit.

14 comments:

Rita said...

Bella does look very nervous but she's a pretty little dog. I'm sure Kero will meet some new doggie friends at the new home, too. Especially since your walks are longer there and the beach can be like a magnet--especially in the summer.

Can hardly wait to see and hear all about the move. :)

Intense Guy said...

Bella is a pretty doggie. She has really bulging eyes.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Poor Bella does look a bit scared... I wonder if she is just sad because she won't get to see Kero for a while...

Parsley said...

I love love love Chihuahuas. Fun post!

Candylei said...

Hi to your westie Kero! So beautiful. I groomed half of our Sir Salty. He does not like getting his tail trimmed nor his back side. Today we talk and wait and then finally he gives in. I admire the westies who just let the grounded do what they want and stand patiently! ;-)

That corgi :) said...

Bella is cute! I hadn't seen a long hair chihuahua before! So neat that Kero does have a friend (and likes other dogs). I hope she does come to visit this summer! I know you all will be glad to see each other! Looking forward to your moving posts!

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

Poor Bella! Perhaps she needs some lessons from MY Bella?? She isn't shy at all, lol! Big, big hugs!

Celticspirit said...

Hi Tori! I'll be looking forward to your moving posts. Bella looks to be part pug....maybe I'm wrong but she has the eyes of a pug.

AliceKay said...

Bella is a cute little dog. Kero will probably miss seeing her, but I'm sure he'll find some new friends soon.

You are one busy girl. *hugs*

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yeah, Bella's a sweet little thing. And, yeah, I'm sure Kero will make new friends soon. He was already trying to make friends with another little terrier the other day.

Iggy:
The bulging eye look is a common Chihuahua thing, I think; every Chihuahua I've ever met has had eyes like that anyway.

Magaly:
Maybe; she's definately known for being camera shy though.

Parsley:
Glad you enjoyed this post so much! :)

Candylei:
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :)

Kero's mostly good about letting me do whateverI want with him; grooming, putting bandanas and such on him, etc... He has his moments where he doesn't want to know though, and isn't too keen on having his back end brushed or anything (which is why I have his "skirt" cut short).

Betty:
Kero has several friends; he makes friends with anyone - of pretty much any species (anything not a bird) - that will make friends with him. He even tries sometimes to convince snarling dogs that he's friendly and has to be persuaded to just give it up and leave them alone. He loves having his one-on-one human time, but he really enjoys seeing other animals too... He's even happy to accept them coming in to his home as a general rule. Hopefully this will mean he does well in doggy daycare.

Jeannie:
LOL! Yeah, maybe! We had a Yorkshire Terrier named Bella in our care for a while; she wasn't shy either!

Barb:
Most Chihuahuas do, I think. Every Chihuahua I've ever met has had those bulging eyes anyway (and I've met at least half a dozen; grew up seeing one regularly - until I was 12 - since he belonged to my Grandma).

AK:
Yep; busy, busy, busy! ;)

And, yes, I'm sure Kero will make some new friends soon. I know he will if he has anything to say about it! LOL!

Serena said...

Yes, a lot of chihuahuas have bulging eyes and Bella is SO darned cute! She certainly doesn't like that camera pointing at her. Hopefully, Rita will get the chance to visit....by then, Kero may be able to introduce Bella to new friends.

Toriz said...

Serena:
Yes, I'm sure he will have made plenty of friends by then; he's trying his best to do so already! ;)

Deanna said...

Leaving friends is always difficult. I'll bet Kero makes more friends very soon.

Toriz said...

*Nods in agreement with Deanna's comment!