Sunday, October 02, 2011

October 2nd 2011 - scribbles

The days are just flying by, aren't they? Can you believe we're already in October? Well, we are! And what an October it's going to be this year!

I did start writing a post about the things that would be going on in October - even though I'd mentioned almost all of them at various points recently - but it would end up really long - even compared to how my posts usually get - so I'll say this instead:

This time in three days we would have checked that every single item is packed up ready to come with us, and be getting ready for the almost 6 and a half hour journey we have ahead of us to get to our new home. We leave this place at about 7:40am on Wednesday (October 5th) and will get to the estate agents that are dealing with the property we're moving in to just after 2:00pm Wednesday. By the time we've sorted out the last couple of things we have to sign, paid the rest of the money, grabbed the keys and made it through the door of our new home it's going to be probably at least coming close to 2:45pm. So, in total we're looking at a little over 7 hours from leaving one property to arriving at the other. It's going to be a long day!

I "should" be able to get online Friday evening (October 7th) - providing they don't have any unforseen issues with setting up our internet in the new place, and also providing my laptop plays nice - so I "should" be here in time for next week's Get Off Your Broom check-in. In case there are any issues with me getting online that day and it ends up taking until the Monday (the 10th) instead or something, I have posts set up for you from tomorrow until the 10th; partly to give you something to read, and partly because one of them I'd have been putting up on that day anyway, and the others... Well, I wanted to get them posted soon, and this week seemed like a perfect oppertunity to do so. I'll do my best to keep up with your blogs between now and Wednesday, but we have a couple of last minute things to do (mainly involving cleaning - to make sure the place is left in the best shape we can leave it in - and packing up the items we can't do until the last minute because of needing to use them) so I'm not making any promises about how good of a job I'll do with reading blogs; especially since I now follow a lot of blogs! The good thing is that I wont be distracted with Facebook... Jaws just can't cope with it, and since the updates they did recently even the new Jaws demo that Kelly has on his PC (which is the new Jaws with a 40 minute session limit) can't handle it properly. So - since I was only on there to please others, and a part of me didn't want to be anyway - I've put up a message on my wall saying where people can find me if they want, and will be deleting my account after the move. If people don't like it, too bad! I tried my best to be on there, but it's just not worth the hastle; and not good for my laptop and Kelly's PC to have Jaws give so many error messages that the computers freeze up and have to be forced to shut down by pressing the restart button.

Kero seems to be excited about the new move. I think he is a bit concerned we're leaving him behind though, because he keeps going and sitting with the boxes that are packed as if to say, "don't forget to pack me too!" Bless him! We've told him it's OK, and that he's coming, and about, "walkies by the seaside," and such, but I'm not sure if he's excited because we're making it sound exciting, or excited because he understands. I think he understands, but the fact he keeps putting himself with the packed items makes me wonder if he fully understands.

Right, well, I think this is enough from me for now... Enjoy whatever's left of this weekend, have a good week, stay safe, and enjoy the posts I have set up for you in the coming days! :)

P.S. To those on the Get Off Your Broom challenge with me; I visited what blogs I could, and commented on what I could. However, with a combination of navigation issues, word verification, and the fact that embedded comment forms sometimes give me errors and don't let me post (that last one several people have had issues with over the past few months from what I can tell) it made it difficult to do so. So, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm here supporting you the best I can, and if I didn't comment, it's because I couldn't.

9 comments:

That corgi :) said...

How exciting that your move is this week!! Soon your new place will feel like home and all will feel content being there! It does sound like quite an adventure and that Wednesday will be a long day indeed! Do take care of yourself!

betty

ChicagoLady said...

Good luck, hope everything goes well this week.

Did you know your blue banner at the top gets longer and longer every time you make a new post?

AliceKay said...

I was gonna ask about that blue banner up there, too. Seems to be getting longer with each new post.

Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly and you arrive in your new home without any problems. Kero is probably a bit confused, but I'm sure he'll be happy once he reaches the new home and gets to take those walks along the seashore.

Best wishes and have a safe journey. *hugs*

Rita said...

I was going to mention the blue header growing, too. Have to scroll down farther and farther. I know nothing about headers, as you can tell from my blog--LOL!

So exciting! Will be thinking about you traveling on Wednesday. :)

Kero's probably wondering where the heck everything went and why you stuck things away in those boxes? ROFL! Karma sits by boxes because she wants me to open them up and show her what's inside. Plus, Kero knows that somehow the boxes and the excitement in your voice are connected. Smart guy! You'll have to tell us how he does on the trip.

Hope you can blog after you get there and the internet and laptop are working, but will understand if it takes a while to get settled in. Best of luck!! :):)

Serena said...

For a moment, I thought your blog hadn't loaded until I realised to scroll down past the blue area which appears to be an extension of your blog banner.

I sure hope everything goes well with the move and that you settle in nicely at the new place.

I deactivated my Facebook account ages ago because I rarely checked it out anyway. I'm told it can be quite difficult to fully delete a Facebook account. Points to note are that....apparently, it takes two weeks before deletion is complete so be careful to delete ALL history and cookies too after you Delete your Facebook account. IF you accidentally sign back into the account, the Deletion process will be cancelled. Good luck.

Best of luck,
Serena :)

Toriz said...

Firstly... The blue banner thing... Is that better? (I had a text box with some of the header text in, and it kept adding extra line breaks for some reason, so I just removed it in hopes that would fix the issue).

Anyway...

Betty:
Thanks; yes, an exhausting adventure, but an adventure none-the-less! :)

Chicago:
Thanks; and, by the way, no, I didn't know about the banner... I just figured it was Jaws thinking there were more spaces than there were, but after I went in to edit the text box I'd had up there I discovered the extra spaces. Thanks for letting me know.

AK:
I'm not sure if it was each post, or the fact I'd been fiddling with the text in the box. Anyway, hopefully it's better now?

Thanks; yes, I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets his walkies. ;)

Rita:
Thanks! :)

Yes, he's a pretty smart dog. Maybe he remembers the other times we've moved?

So far so good with the laptop, but we'll see what happens Friday. ;)

Serena:
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I know... I deleted the first one I had some time ago (I had to create a new one a few months ago when I gave in to constant requests for me to join people on Facebook). I plan to delete the account soon, then immediately clear out my cookies, do a disk cleanup, and restart my computer. Then avoid Facebook completely. In theory this should mean the account is happy to delete itself. In practice... Well, last time it took me several attempts, because my account kept reactivating itself. Thanks for the warning though!

Intense Guy said...

Yes, Tori - the banner header thing is all fixed.

Hey Tomorrow is the BIG day!!! As if you didn't know! try to get some rest today and remember things will have a hitch or two here and there so deep breath and patience!

I'm glad you will be ridding yourself of Facebook - i think it causes folks more trouble than good.

I think Kero is just trying to ask "when" is the move - remember a week to you is 7 weeks to him... :)

Deanna said...

You have some exciting days ahead of you! You probably won't even see this comment until after you get set up in your new home. How exciting.

I don't like the Facebook changes either. The only reason I'm still there is because my daughter posts a lot on it.

The only way I can comment on blogs with embedded comments is to post as anonymous and then sign my name. It is very frustrating.

Kero is going to absolutely adore the new place once you get settled in and start taking those walkies!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
I'm glad that fixed the banner header thing! :)

Yeah, by this morning my patients were wearing thin, but I've mostly been patient. ;)

Yeah, I noticed (about Facebook).

*Nods* I think Kero was getting impatient. LOL!

Deanna:
You're right, I didn't see that until we'd moved. LOL!

That's a good reason to still be on there; it was similar reasons (my family all posting on there a lot) why I gave in and signed up, but it's too much hastle for me, so I've had enough!

Yes, that would be very annoying!

Kero's really enjoying himself so far, which is good! :)