Sunday, October 30, 2011

Witchy Tea Party 2011: Part 2 (LBE and FD)

Scroll down for part 1, and when you've done that, join me for an Autumn themed tea party...


Don't mind the bat; he's already been fed...


My friend Mr Pumpkin Head made it to the party...


So, take a seat next to him.

I've made sandwiches using the bread and plum jam I made, and some chocolate leaves...


And, of course, there's tea; herbal tea though, though I'm sure we can find something else for you if you'd prefer. The herbal tea is blackberry and nettle, with a hint of echinacea. A tasty combination, and good for you too!


Everything on the menu is suitable for vegetarians, so those of you who - like myself - are vegetarian don't need to worry; just dig in... What you see here is just a small selection, I have plenty more, it's just not pictured!

All fed and watered now? Great!

Well, my altar is set up for the simple ritual I'm doing...


The photo on my altar is Myskanco "Chance" Silva Flame. That was always my favourite photo of him. As I said yesterday, Chance was a very special cat to me. He was an oriental (Siamese with markings other than the "points" associated with the Siamese cat) and I loved him. I got him by Chance, hence his name; I was meant to get a Chocolate Point Siamese, but Dakoda had been a sickly kitten, and never made it to be a part of our family. So we got Silva Flame, but I know from day one that - despite the fact that the "Silva Flame" was the name we gave to him - he would be called "Chance" at home. I clearly remember the day he came home; he was scared, hissing, and striking out with his claws at Kero, etc. He decided to climb up on top of the kitchen cabinets (not on the counters, up on top of the wall mounted ones) to hide. I left him a bit, then climbed on a chair so I could be at his level. I could still see then... I looked at him, he looked at me, and that's how we stayed for a while. Then I gently stroked him and said, "it's OK," before getting down from the chair and leaving him there. We'd reached an understanding; he wanted to be my friend, but he needed time. And I was prepared to give him that time. My patience paid off, and pretty soon he was extremely affectionate with me; loved me to cuddle with him, loved me petting him, and loved playing with his cat toys with me. He could sometimes still strike out at others, but never once did he even attempt to use his claws against me. He was smart too; I taught him to "beg" and "come" on command, and he knew how to "sit" too! When he died it broke my heart; too soon, much too soon! I've missed all the animals that have been a part of my life, but none as much as I miss Chance. He died in my arms while I begged him to "just keep breathing," and wished I could do more than just hold him.

So, that's Chance's story in a nutshell. And, if you're wondering, Chance's picture is on my altar because I know it will be him on my mind mostly while I do the meditation ritual this Samhain; along with many others, of course. Speaking of which...

It looks like Kero wants to join in with the ritual today...


I've got an idea how he can help...

Kero can man the phone with Mr Pumpkin Head so I don't get disturbed during ritual...


Excellent!

Now that all the arrangements are made for my Samhain ritual, it's time for me to get on with enjoying myself. Among other things, I think I'll go and visit the other tea party guests; wont you join me?

***

Click the button below to join in all the tea party fun:

Frosted Petunias

Thank you to Anna for hosting the Witchy Tea Party.
Thank you to Kelly for decorating the bat for me and helping with the photos.
Thank you to my Grandma for funding the purchase of my new purple teapot.
And thank you to Kero for being a good dog and posing by Mr Pumpkin Head for me.

15 comments:

Linda said...

I had a fun time at your party. Your alter is great. Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

LYNDY WARD said...

Salutations, condolences for Zack & Chance. They are both in Heaven now. As for Chance, I know our precious fur babies have a special place in God's Kingdom.

Kero is adorable!

I hope someone can post for you where there is word verification.

This is my favorite time of year when magic is in the air & beautiful black cats are every where. Please fly by my Halloween Party when you can...

Hauntingly Yours,
Lyndy & All My Black Cat Familiars

Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Haunted Halloween Party ~ This is a gorgeous multiple crystal ring & can be used as a Magickal Dowser...
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

AliceKay said...

I remember Chance, and I know how hard it is to lose a pet. We both know they're a big part of any family. *hugs to you*

Looks and sounds like your witchy tea party was successful and enlightening. Thank you to Kelly for helping with the photos. :)

Kero is a sweet little dog. He posed so nicely with Mr. Pumpkin Head. :)

Deanna said...

Kero definitely posed pretty for his photo shoot. The witchy tea party seems like it was a great thing for you. It is so hard to lose a pet. I kind of did a double take when I saw you sweet cat was named Chance. One of my dearest kitty cat's name was Chance.

That corgi :) said...

Mr Pumpkin Head looks very nice! I'm trying to figure out if he is a real pumpkin you carved? I liked the bat too! You serve good things at your tea party; that tea sounded like an interesting flavor!

betty

Rita said...

Looks like a great tea party and Kero was so good. Great time to remember Chance who has passed on too soon. I didn't know you then. You know how I love cats. Maybe you can get another one some day, but there are some special, unique critters we never will forget. Have a cuppa for me, too. ;)

Toriz said...

Linda:
Thanks for visiting; glad you enjoyed! I'll be by to visit you just as soon as I can. :)

Lyndy:
Thanks for visiting, and thank you in general for your comment; I will be by to visit your blog just as soon as I can.

AK:
Thanks! *Hugs*

Yes, Kero's a good boy; and I didn't even have to bribe him... He sat there willingly... I think he liked Mr Pumpkin Head.

Deanna:
Yes, he's pretty good at posing for me... Probably used to it by now since I've been asking him to pose since he was a little puppy.

How strange that you had a special kitty named Chance too!

Betty:
*Smiles* Yes, I carved Mr Pumpkin Head; carved him a couple of friends today.

And, thanks; yes, the tea was interesting... Very nice, I thought! :)

Rita:
Thanks. Yes, one day I'll have another one. I don't know when, but I will... I miss having cats. It wont be the same as still having Chance, but it will be nice to have a cat again!

Sure, I'll have a cuppa for you! ;)

wickedfaerie said...

I so much enjoyed your party and your lovely post. I had a Chance in my life too, my Lucy. I miss her everyday.
Stop by for some tea & treats if you get time.

Happy Samhain,
Sue

Celia said...

What a lovely post....our furry friends are some of the best friends we can ever have...and are missed greatly when they are lost.

Toriz said...

Thanks for your comments all! :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah thanks for dropping by my blog, Love your tea parties on both days. Loosing an animal is so hard but we will see them again one day, Love the Doggy how cute, Hope you have a great Halloween, Love Hazelxoxo

Plumrose Lane said...

Oooh, what a fabulous tea party and I just adore your furry companion! So sweet of you to stop by my blog too! Here's wishing you magickal travels and a very...
✻´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´✻✻✻Happy Halloween(¸.•´ (¸.•´✻
♥Sharon
www.PlumroseLane.com

Toriz said...

Hazel & Sharon:
Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you enjoyed my party! :)

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

Your photos look wonderful - and Kero looks so handsome with his Jack o Lantern!

I think, even if you couldn't "help" Chance - there would have been no place he would have preferred to have his final moments here on this weary world than in your arms feeling your love, to store that away, to draw upon it until you meet again...

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thank you! *Hugs*

Also, it's great to see you back on the blogs! :)