Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Moving - part 3: the seaside (LBE and FD)

We've had a few walks to the beach - which I'm sure I don't need to tell you is an enjoyable thing to do - and I'm sure some of you at least have been eagerly awaiting these photos, so, here they are:

First, the view of the ocean from the top of our road:


(The above photo was taken from only a short distance from our gate).

Now, a couple of shots of the ocean from down the road:



(Taken a little way up the road from the hotel mentioned in yesterday's post, I think).

OK, we're just about here, but I need to sit down for a minute...



Kero and I are now at the beach:


Kero says, "Look at all the birds; a bit too big for me to be chasing though... I think this is one time I'll just watch the birds and not try chasing them!"


Watch out for the poles as you walk along the promonade...


I'm not sure, but I think the tide's coming in...


...Look at those waves...


The first couple of photos of the above batch were taken the first Thursday evening we were here, I think. The rest of the above batch were taken the following morning, and the next batch of photos I'm going to show you were taken this past Friday.

It was a beautiful Autumn day...




Perfect for going to the beach...


...Watching/listening to the waves crashing against the shore...




...And perfect for being out in a boat too, apparently; this person thought so anyway...



For my part, first I walked along the promonade with Kero - while Kelly went to grab some fresh veg for dinner - and enjoyed a French pastry. Then I allowed Kero to persuade me to walk down the beach until we almost reached the water (he chickened out just before we reached the water's edge; shame... I wouldn't have minded a bit of paddling). It wasn't a long walk, but it was hard work. Why? Pebbly beach and sandals... Yeah, it was interesting (and a little painful). I can't have minded it that much though; I did it again the following morning. LOL!

One final photo for you today... One of the birds Kero was trying to figure out whether to chase (like he usually does with birds) or hide from... A seagull!


There are two ways to get to the beach from here.

One way takes you past the hotel. If you go that way you can be there in about 5 minutes (unless you're walking Kero, in which case you'll be lucky to make it in less than 10, because he just has to sniff everything thoroughly). It's a quieter route too.

The other way takes you through town. If you go that way you're looking at probably a 10 minute walk (even without Kero, LOL). 10 minutes still isn't too bad though.

We've actually been to the seaside pretty much every day, and gone actually on to the beach most times. We have to make the most of that; Kero does especially, because dogs are only allowed on the beach from October 1st to April 30th.

We'll still be allowed to walk him near there, but he wont be allowed on the beach itself.

Anyway, I'm meant to be ending this, LOL!

Come back tomorrow for part 4...

13 comments:

AliceKay said...

Great pictures. I love the ocean but live a long ways from it. I noticed it was a pebbled beach from the first couple of pictures. I can just imagine walking across it in sandals. LOL

Enjoy your walks along the beach while you can. I'm sure Kero will. :)

*waits for Part 4 tomorrow*

Intense Guy said...

That water looks a bit "green" and cold from some angles - perhaps you can put your toesies in to see how warm it is?

I'm glad Kero can make use of the beach until May! He's probably thoroughly enjoying it - well, maybe not seeing the BIG seagulls!

Hey, maybe next summer you can get a boat ride somehow? :)

Sounds like you found a delightful place to live.

That corgi :) said...

How neat to be that close to the ocean! I'm about six miles away so we have to drive to walk close to it, but to be able to walk to it, that is fantastic! I love your pictures! It looks like a great place to get exercise! Tell Kero he is lucky; dogs here aren't allowed on the beach except for the dog beaches which are far and few between any time of the year! So at least Kero has six months to enjoy the beach!

have a good day!

betty

Deanna said...

Hi Tori. I've read back through all of your previous posts, but am only commenting here!

That was quite a trip getting to your new place. I'd be very proud and bragging on Kero too. It sounds like he did amazingly well on the trip.

It is great that you have your own safe, private spot where Kero can go out without you worrying.

I can certainly understand why you moved. The park, the beach - I am so very happy for you!!!!!

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah... The walking down the beach in sandals thing probably wasn't smart. Never mind though... I mean, I'll still probably do it again. LOL!

Iggy:
Yeah, it probably was quite cold; can't have been too bad mind, because just a little way down the beach from where we were a child was playing in the water.

A boat ride would be fun... Will definately try and get an oppertunity to do that! :)

Betty:
That's how it was at the beach we could get to where we lived in Wales too; dog beach only, and there was only one I know of (despite there being a couple of different beaches nearby). And, yes, it's nice being able to walk to the beach. That was one of the reasons we picked this area; easy beach access! :)

Deanna:
That's fine (about only commenting here). :)

Yes, it was quite a trip, and he really did amazing. And, yes, it's great knowing there's somewhere he can go outside off the lead; he loves having a garden again!

We knew there were parks around, but that spacific park we didn't know about (our letting agents told us about it when we were signing the tenancy). It was the beach we wanted, and since I remembered this area from when I lived here in my teens for a while, it made sense to us to come here out of all the seaside towns. Plus, there's so much to do in this area!

The Coexist Cafe said...

Oh, Tori, I've loved checking out your moving pictures! How wonderful that you live so close to the water -- my inner Floridian is SO JEALOUS of you right now. ;)

What a cute little place, too! I can't wait to see the inside... maybe in Part 4? :)

(Oh, and I left a little award for ya!)

Rita said...

Oh wow! The beach!! Sounds like you should wear tennis shoes or something when you walk on that pebbly beach. Kero just looks so interested in everything. Those gulls are big enough that he isn't going to be dragging you around trying to chase them anyways. That's good.

Love the pictures of the ocean, the waves, the pebbly sandy beach...and especially of you and Kero!! :):)

ChicagoLady said...

How nice that you're that close to a very nice beach, where you can take Kero (at least 6 months of the year). I'm sure you'll be spending lots of time there, and getting plenty of exercise.

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
We both love the beach, so having easy access to it was essential to us with our moving plans, and one of the reasons for picking this area. You should get loads more beach photos in the future. :)

I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while for inside photos; still haven't even taken them yet (it's a bit of a mess in here with the things that aren't quite unpacked all over the place, and I'd rather not show photos of the mess).

Thanks for the award; will come and check out the award later; I'm meant to be heading over to my recipe page to find a recipe I want to use... Got side-tracked checking comments on my recent posts though. LOL!

Rita:
Yes, I probably should wear tennis shoes or something, but I hate my feet being cooped up in shoes (so much so that if it had been a sandy beach I'd have done the walk barefoot).

Glad you enjoyed the photos! :)

Chicago:
*Nods* Absolutely! Between the beach and the park we should get plenty of exercise!

The Coexist Cafe said...

Haha! It's so easy to get sidetracked, especially now that you have that gorgeous view to take in! How far do you live from the ocean, anyway? When I was in Florida with my parents, I lived 10 minutes away, and I went so often over summer, it was ridiculous. Now that we live almost 2 hours from the nearest ocean, I'm itching to get back to the water but so frustrated by how far we're from it. ;)

YAY, more beach photos! :D And I see you've got some true northern-style photos, too, with the pumpkins in your most recent post... MUST check those out! I love the northeast, I swear. :D

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
If you walk to the end of our road, you can look down the hill and see the ocean. When it's quiet and the ocean is rough we can hear it from our home. Is that close enough? ;)

Serena said...

You're so lucky to live so close to the sea. Wonderful pics...thanks for showing them to us ~ :)

Toriz said...

Serena:
I'm glad you enjoyed the pics; I'll have more seaside photos to post soon!