Saturday, October 01, 2011

Get Off Your Broom: Challenge #1

I posted about my goals for this challenge already, but I didn't do the rest of the challenge, so this post is to do just that. Serenity asked us to take a photo of ourselves and take measurements and weigh and all that. Well, I did all that (I obviously didn't take the photo... Kelly took it for me), and here it is:



Sorry if it's not good - or if it opens really huge if you click on it or whatever - but because we only took it a short time ago I wasn't able to take the time to send it to Iggy (who usually sorts my photos for me) for him to "sort it out" (I asume "sort it out" means crop it, sort lighting, or whatever) and Kelly doesn't know how to do that stuff. I hope it's at least a relatively decent photo.

Anyway... The measurements... I'm not sure I want to post them... I'll give it some thought and get back to you. I did take the measurements, and I made a note of them for my own benifit, but, like I said, I'm not sure I want to share them. I've looked at some of the other posts, and the couple of people I've seen have put their measurements up are so much smaller than me. I mean, one of them is only a couple of pounds heavier than what I'd set as my ultimate goal weight. So, sorry, but no measurements from me today. Maybe when I get more weight off and start feeling better about myself I'll admit to what I was. Or, maybe I'll either find someone the same size range as me - who has been brave enough to post their measurements - and want to show them they aren't alone, in which case I'll post my measurements soon.

14 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Hey, love your t-shirt! I would not post my measurements and I don't see why you'd need to either. The fact that you took them seems like it's good enough. Just do what feels right. I just don't see what benefit would come of it, but that's just me. Anyhow...just popped on your blog to see how you were doing. We are busy, busy, busy working on the house. Well, back to work. Have a great day!

Sus said...

What a great post! No need to post measurements, imo...it's about us facing our own demons... HUGS!

http://sipsfromthefirehydrant.blogspot.com/

Toriz said...

Barb:
Thanks! :)

I'm OK; haven't been on Facebook because it's gotten that it's next to impossible for me to navigate. I'm thinking I'll just give up on it; it's more hastle for me than it's worth (sorry, but it is!)

Hope the decorating is going well. :)

Sus:
Thanks for stopping by with encouragement; I agree... It's about the inner demons rather than the numbers. I'll feel good knowing the numbers have gone down though. ;)

AliceKay said...

Don't worry about posting your measurements, Tori. It's not necessary if you feel uncomfortable in doing so. As far as your picture goes, Kelly did a great job. It opens great, and it's a great shot of you. :)

Good luck with your challenge. *hugs*

Toriz said...

Thanks AK! :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love your t-shirt, and your poster, and who cares about measurements. I was taking mine today and I measured my big toe lol. And guess what? I don't know how much I weight and I can care less, so there.

As long as you know what your goals are and that you are doing everything you can to get to the place you want and need to be, that is all that matters. I'm here to cheer for you!!!!

Rita said...

You don't have to post measurements or weight or anything you don't want to. Like you said, it's for you anyways. Nice picture! I wish you the best. It's nice to have a kind of an online support group where you're all in it together. :):)

That corgi :) said...

Love your picture! I think it came out great!! I'm with you; I would have a hard time posting my measurements or my weight in such a public forum; keeping them to yourself sounds like a great idea and maybe when you get to the very end of your goal and you are where you are at, then you can share how far you came, but only if you want to!

betty

runmomma.com said...

Heh. I'm with everyone else. It is up to you if you wish to post about the measurements. You have them and you can post about them after you have met your goals.

Deanna said...

That is a great picture of you, Tori.

I believe it always helps to have company when trying to reach a goal. You have nothing to be embarrassed about, but I can understand not wanting to post measurements. I wouldn't want to either.

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Deanna

Toriz said...

Magaly:
Thanks. And LOL @ measuring your big toe!

Yes, I know my goals; making better choices in order to live a healthier lifestyle and eat healthier. And I intend doing my best to make it happen. I'm here to cheer for you too! :)

Rita:
Thanks; yes, I think so too (about the sort of support group). That's why I signed up so willingly; it's always easier when you know you have people in your corner, so to speak. In theory anyway. ;)

Betty:
Thanks! :)

I might post the measurements when I reach my final goal, but I haven't decided yet. We'll see.

Runmoma:
Thanks for stopping by and offering support! :)

Deanna:
Thanks; yes, it always helps to have support! :)

Intense Guy said...

Sorry I wasn't able to sort your picture for you! You look great in this one!

I hope you do well - don't post your numbers if you aren't absolutely comfortable with doing so - your friends, like us ones here, will be cheering and pulling for you no matter what... all the time.

Intense Guy said...

P.s., your necklace looks cool - especially with that t-shirt for some reason.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thanks! :)

And, that's OK about the photo; I knew you weren't around, and it was taken last minute, so there wasn't really time to do anything other than have Kelly help me sort it. I have a load of photos for you to sort soon, so you can sort those instead. :)