Friday, March 23, 2007

My doctor appointment

OK, so, yesterday I went to the doctor and found out that the second test (a thyroid test) was fine too. Which, if you remember, I already said it would be.

She wants me to have some more blood tests done, which I will have to go to the local hospital for on Wednesday morning, again. So, she's doing an FBC (full blood count) check and she's checking my blood sugar (especially since there are people with diabetes in the family) and she's doing a bunch of other blood tests that I can't remember what they are for, but they'll be done at the same time. And, all of them the other doctor 'should' have asked to have done in the first place, but he didn't. And then I have to see her in about two weeks (when all the results will be back and she'll be back from her vacation). In the meantime, I'm not allowed to be on an actual diet. I'm to eat what I would normally eat going by what my body 'needs'. Like the fact I need plenty of iron in my diet because I'm anemic and the fact I need to watch my intake of dairy products because I'm lactose intolerant. And I'm to keep a diary of EVERYTHING that I eat and drink between now and when I see her next so that she can see what I'm eating and tell me what I should and shouldn't have been eating.

She doesn't want to make any judgements on anything until she gets the rest of these blood tests back. The only other thing she told me is I should be getting an appointment through from the gynaecologist in "a month or so".

Tori

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

sorry to hear you are having medical problems tori , i do hope its nothing seriouse , and dont forget to right " everything " down you eat, right .
i will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well next docters visit , ok .

grandma x

AliceKay said...

Big hugs, Tori...will keep good thoughts for you.