So, tomorrow is Ostara - the first day of the Vernal Equinox - which, as I have been "trying" to explain to Kerry on her blog today, is the first day of the mid Spring celebration. Yes, I agree that around March 21st is when all the Spring action starts. It's when the flowers really start to bloom, when the buds begin to appear properly on the trees - in short, when nature begins to grow and thrive once more - and when the days start to get that little bit longer (and hopefully warmer). But, nevertheless, it IS the middle of Spring. The first day of Spring is February 2nd... hence the "take a walk to look for signs of Spring" activity that I mentioned in the Imbolic posts back at the start of February. To be honest, the Vernal Equinox can happen on any date from the 20th to the 23rd of March. But, think about it... in June we have midsummer's eve. That happens on or around June 21st. And, of course, midwinter - Yule - happens on or around December 21st. So, I don't know how people can dispute that Ostara - which happens any time after March 20th - is mid Spring and Mabon - which happens any time after September 20th - is mid Autumn. But, there you have it.
Anyway, changing the subject - as we do - Bella had her shot and the vet said that judging by the progress of her season she'll be ready for her spay around the start of June.
And I got the results of my first test back from the doctor Friday and they were clear. So, there's one less thing that could be causing the problem we had the other week. And I have to go see the doctor on Thursday afternoon at 4:00 pm because she is quite concerned as she thought this test would hold the answer. There is the other one, but since that test had been done back in June when I saw the gynaecologist and it was clear then, we are expecting that one to be clear now too.
I don't really know what else to write about so I'm just going to go to bed out of everyone's way.
Tori
Anyway, changing the subject - as we do - Bella had her shot and the vet said that judging by the progress of her season she'll be ready for her spay around the start of June.
And I got the results of my first test back from the doctor Friday and they were clear. So, there's one less thing that could be causing the problem we had the other week. And I have to go see the doctor on Thursday afternoon at 4:00 pm because she is quite concerned as she thought this test would hold the answer. There is the other one, but since that test had been done back in June when I saw the gynaecologist and it was clear then, we are expecting that one to be clear now too.
I don't really know what else to write about so I'm just going to go to bed out of everyone's way.
Tori
No comments:
Post a Comment