Thursday, October 04, 2018

A #Poem For #NationalPoetryDay: Autumn's Here

Autumn’s Here

There’s a crispness to the morning air,
Which, yesterday, was not there.
And so, I think it’s only fair
To say that Autumn’s here.

Fallen leaves coat the ground;
Signs of change can easily be found.
You simply have to look around,
To see that Autumn’s here.


© 2018 ~ Victoria "Tori" Zigler

Today is National Poetry Day, and this year's theme is Change. So, in honor of the day and theme, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote recently about the changing of the seasons from Summer to Autumn.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, fall is here--nice poem. I didn't know there was a poetry day. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the poem. :)

I knew there was one, but only remembered when it was after seeing someone else post about it the night before. I only put this post together a few hours before it went live. LOL!