Sunday, October 21, 2018

#Hastings Bonfire Celebrations 2018 - Part 1

October 14th is the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings. Every year, on or around that date, there's a local bonfire celebration. It's sort of a joint celebration of the anniversary of the battle, and early bonfire night celebration. This year they seem to have been giving a shout-out to WWI too. Anyway, this year it happened on Saturday October 13th.

Lilie couldn't go, because dogs aren't allowed. Plus, with the drums, she would have totally freaked, since she really hates drums. So I stayed home with her, and Kelly went by himself. He got some photos and videos for me to share with you all though, so at least I got to hear the videos.

Before I start sharing the photos and videos with you, here's a photo of a neighbour's Westie Kelly took on the way to the event:


(Kelly said he just couldn't resist).

OK... Well, there are a lot of photos and videos, so I'm sharing some with you today, and the rest next week. Here you go... Enjoy!






























6 comments:

Rita said...

Lilie would have hated all the drumming--LOL!

That giant guy with the big hat and lantern was kind of spooky but cool.

Looks like a fun time every year. Lots of good pics to share. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed seeing the photos and videos. Yeah, she wouldn't have liked it at all. Luckily, we live far enough away that she didn't hear it going on, and I put my headphones on to listen to the clips when I got them on the computer. ;)

Danielle L Zecher said...

That looks really fun, but I can see where it definitely wouldn't be dog friendly.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Definitely! Glad you enjoyed seeing the photos and videos though.

IntenseGuy said...

Quite a party!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, and that's just the part that happens in Hastings. They start things off in Battle.