Last week, our degu brother, Joshua, told you about the things that scare him, because that "Halloween" holiday is coming up. At least, the human caretakers say it is. So we decided we'll all tell you what we're scared of. Although, since my chinchilla sister, Mollie, is scared of the same things as me, I can just tell you what both of us are scared of.
So, what are Mollie and I scared of?
- Sudden movements and noises. We can deal with loud noises and people moving about, but if they happen suddenly, we'll get scared.
- Being grabbed unexpectedly. We don't mind being petted, and will sometimes even agree to be cuddled - more with Mummy than with Daddy - but we need some warning that you're going to touch us, otherwise we get really scared, and will panic.
- Bad storms. We don't mind the little storms, but the bigger ones are scary, and will send us scurrying for our log house to hide.
Basically, the thing that scares us the most is things happening suddenly. Take things slowly, and we'll be OK.
Well, as long as there are no bad storms.
Or spiders.
Yeah. I'm scared of spiders. Mollie isn't. But I am. Even if they're on the TV.
The Mummy human is too, so at least I'm not the only one.
Squeak soon,
Maizie
4 comments:
I lot of animals bigger than you two are afraid of sudden loud noises. Taking it slow sounds like a good idea. :)
Rita:
Yes. It's a very good idea, especially since you human caretakers are so much bigger than us.
Squeak soon,
Maizie
I'll type this comment in slowly for you.
Smiles.
Iggy:
Thanks for being considerate. *makes happy chinchilla noises*
Squeak soon,
Maizie
Post a Comment