Monday, October 22, 2018

#MusicMonday: Monster Mash- Bobby "Boris" Pickett

"Monster Mash" seemed to be an essential addition to any Halloween music playlist when I was growing up. Seriously, I don't remember having a Halloween party without it playing at least once. So, with Halloween coming up fast, I just had to post it. Here you go... Enjoy!

4 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

I love this song! I have it scheduled for next week for Music Monday. :-)

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Haha! The only reason I posted it this week instead of next week is because I have a quotes post going up next Monday. Would have been really funny if we both put it up on the same day.

Rita said...

I remember when this came out! I looked it up--1962 when I was eleven. Back then there were certain steps for so many dances. Used to watch them on American Bandstand and my neighbor, Linda, and I knew them all. The Mashed Potato, The Pony, The Frug, The Twist, The Hitchhiker, The Chicken, The Jerk, The Swim, The Locomotion, The Watusi, The Hully Gully, The Stomp, The Boogaloo, The Stroll, The Limbo, The Monkey, The Shake...and there were more! Not sure I would remember them all now. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I actually know of some of those. Also, I now have the song for the locomotion playing in my head. If I start singing that one later, I'm blaming you. ;)