I don't often do much to celebrate when the holidays roll around. But, one of my favourite ways to celebrate various holidays is to read or watch something that relates to the holiday in question on or around the date of it. If I can pair that experience with eating or drinking something holiday appropriate too, so much the better.
If you feel the same way, or if you're looking for a fun activity to make a part of your celebrations this year, why not check out this list of Halloween movies and themed treats, and this similar list of perfectly paired Christmas movies and treats.
The posts provide links to the recipes, so you know what you need to do to make the treat that matches your movie(s) of choice.
By the way, my website's recipe section contains some other recipes that could work for some of these movies too. For example, why not try making some banana ghosts to enjoy while you watch Casper, some butterbeer to drink while you watch the Harry Potter movies, or some pumpkin-shaped Halloween biscuits to eat while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.
4 comments:
I do watch my two Christmas movies in December (It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story) but that's about it for me and holidays. I have never been into Halloween and never liked horror movies. Only ones I like are the old black and white ones (Dracula, Mummy, Frankenstein, etc) because they're more campy and fun than scary to me.
I think it's a great idea, though, for anyone who's into it. :) :)
Rita:
Fair enough. Everyone has different tastes. :)
I love the idea of having snacks to match the theme of a holiday movie. Chili is usually our go-to Halloween dish. We have it on Halloween, or close to it, and watch a few Halloween movies.
Danielle:
Sounds like fun! Are there favourite Halloween movies you always like to include?
Post a Comment