Monday, August 25, 2008

The alliance united (FD)

I've called this blog "The alliance united" for the simple reason that... Well... That's what it is. You see, the people we met up with are people from a guild on World Of Warcraft called "Balance Of Judgement" which is allied with "Y Ddraegau" (the guild I created and left in my Dad's hands when I could no longer play the game). And, of course, their two kids... Kai (5 & 1/2) and Seren (7)

As those of you who read my post yesterday will be aware, we had planned to have a picnic today. Unfortunately the wonderful Welsh weather (AKA rain) decided otherwise. So, the planned picnic turned in to a buffet at my parents' place.

It was a good thing in a way, because even my Mam wasn't entirely sure how exactly she was going to find enough containers to transport all the sandwiches, chicken pieces, scotch eggs, Welsh cakes, biscuits, crisps, etc that she'd made to the picnic site. LOL!

Anyway...

It was wonderful to meet up with them after so long (they've been questing and doing runs with my parents and Kelly on a regular basis for a good year or more now). I personally hadn't actually spoken to them directly before, though I had heard them (Sam anyway) over TeamSpeak, and had said, "hi," on occasion via Kelly. But it was very nice to get to meet them, and speak to them... They seem like very nice people... Hope they thought the same about us. :)

We had a great afternoon... It went by too fast though. :(

Despite the change of plans I decided to take my camera anyway and asked them if we could get a couple of photos before they left. They agreed, so... Here they are. :)

These first two pics are of Sam, Carl and the kids... Kai (on Carl's shoulders) and Seren.



And here's a couple with Kelly, my parents (Karen and Doug) and myself included in them...



The last photo was taken with the camera put on timer so that Dad (who took the photos) could be in it too. This was the first time we'd attempted to use the timer function on my camera, so none of us were sure when (or if) it was going to work... LOL!

So... There you have it... We aren't sure why we'd been foolish enough to believe that we would be lucky enough to get a sunny day for a picnic, but a good day was had by all (at least, as far as I'm aware) despite the rain that is so common in Wales. :)

Even Seren and Kai (who had hoped to go to the beach) seemed to enjoy themselves... Especially once they discovered that there was a games machine in the house, and that they were allowed to use it. ;)

Tori

P.S. Sam and Carl... I know this is being linked on to the B.O.J. site, so sorry if you didn't want your real names mentioned on there, but my speech programme has issues with trying to say unusual names... Besides, I can't spell your character names. LOL!

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Carl looks like his safari honeymoon treated him well - and the two little ones are really cute!

Glad you enjoyed the not-quite-a-picnic!

The food sounded like it was really good.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Wrong Carl. My brother Carl and his new wife (Rachel) are the ones who went on safari for their honeymoon. The Carl in these photos with his wife and kids is a friend, not a relative.

I did wonder if I should have specified "not my brother" but thought (wrongly it seems) that some of the things I'd said (i.e. "hadn't spoken to them before") would have explained that for me.

Tori_z said...

Oh, and... Iggy:

The food was very good. :)

Intense Guy said...

Ah. My mistake Tori. I should know better than comment when I'm tired.

I think you know a few Carl's. :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
No worries... And I only know two at the moment... I have known other Carls though (and Karls too).

Here a Carl, there a Karl... Everywhere a Carl or Karl... LOL!

LadyStyx said...

Looks like all had a great time!

AliceKay said...

Very nice pics, Tori.

I know a couple of Karl's too. I have a brother-in-law named Karl and a very good friend named Karl. :)

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
I know I did, and - as far as I'm aware - so did everyone else. :)

AK:
Glad you liked them. :)

Yup... Carl/Karl is a popular name.

Serenastra said...

Hi, this is Carl here (the Carl in the picture, not Tori's brother or any of the other aforementioned Carl/Karl's lol).

Just got back today (Friday) from our week's holiday in Wales, so this is the first chance we've had to see the pictures and your blog, Tori - both are great! Many thanks to you and your family for the friendly welcome and wonderful hospitality - it was great to meet you all. Maybe one day we can reciprocate if you find yourselves in our part of the UK. :)

Hugs
Carl, Sam, Seren and Kai
xxxx

Tori_z said...

Carl:
Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

It was wonderful to get to meet you... Hope to get to meet up with you, Sam and the kids again in the not too distant future. I'm sure we can find some excuse to be in your part of the country. ;)

Glad you liked the photos... Dad's usually pretty good with a camera. :)

*hugs*
Tori xx