Friday, August 22, 2008

"In a universe so full of wonders, human beings have managed to invent boredom!"

"Death" said that near the end of "The Hogfather" and I always think of it whenever I'm feeling bored and fed up. He has a point. There are so many things to investigate and learn about in our world... And yet human beings still manage to become bored!

I'm not really sure what the point of that was... It just sort of popped in! I don't know why, because I'm not bored or anything... Guess I was just having one of those "random thought" moments that make my Mam and Kelly say, "Uh-oh!" LOL!

Anyway...

The reason for actually starting this post was to tell you that I've posted some new poems on my poetry page if you want to go take a look at them. I'm afraid most of them aren't exactly cheerful, but they're there all the same. And - as always - any and all comments are appreciated. :)

Tori

3 comments:

KAYLEE said...

AWWWW ARe you ok tori? my surgery monday and I will be okay :)

Kati said...

Wow.... I've yet to read Pratchet's Diskworld books (though I have the first 3), so I've not heard that quote before, but as predicted by others: What Pratchet says in the books makes a great deal of sense.

I'll have to write that out for future "bored" moments. (I keep quotes I like on index cards, held to my fridge by magnets.) Thanks for sharing the quote with us, Tori!

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
I'm doing OK... Now anyway. :)

Good luck for the surgery! *hugs* :)

Kati:
I haven't read all of Pratchett's books. I've got almost all of them though. I just need to find a couple I'm missing from the middle. I have them on audio cassette (brought them off my brother because he wanted to buy them on CD and I didn't care as long as I had them... Especially when he was only charging £1 each to me and you can't even buy second hand audio books at the market or in charity shops for that little). When I find the ones I'm missing I'm going to sit down and listen to them one after the other... Just 'cause I can! LOL!

Anyway...

Glad you liked the quote and it made it on to your quote cards. ;)