Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday in Swansea

The weather's still pretty lousy... Typical Welsh weather for the most part though. That storm carried on pretty much all night (not sure if it came to more than heavy rain and really strong winds though). I'm kinda glad today wasn't as bad though because I was out for the day... Well, most of the day anyway.

I went to Swansea with Mam and her friend Kelly. I usually avoid going shopping (especially clothes shopping) but I needed some new PJs... Partly thanks to ripping the leg of my best pair beyond repair when I hurt my knee last week... So I had no choice. Still... It was a nice day out, and the weather stayed reasonable (it rained, but mostly just when we were in shops or in the car).

I got a new pair of Dalmation print PJ bottoms to go with the top that I'd ripped the bottoms from, which has Westies on it (OK... They're Scotty dogs, not proper Westies, but still...) and I also got three other pairs of PJs. Two of them I don't remember what's on them... They're just "girly" PJs Mam picked out with "pretty" tops and plain pink bottoms (I think she said the bottoms are pink anyway). I did know what they had on them when we were in the shop, but I don't remember now. The other set I think AliceKay would like. At least, she'd like the top part. It has a big picture of a frog on the front and lots of little froggy pictures all over it (the big frog is tactile). The bottoms have hippos on them because they didn't have froggy bottoms and I thought frogs and hippos sounded like a fun combination. In case you haven't figured out by that last sentence, I buy the tops and bottoms seporate and just match them up. I do this because I find the PJ tops that come with the bottoms too short in the body, so I buy just the bottoms then buy some of those t-shirt style nighties - the ones that are quite short so people often wear something with them anyway - to use as tops. There... Now you can sleep tonight knowing about my PJs, which I'm sure you were bursting to know about... LMAO!

Anyway...

While I was in Swansea I went in to Waterstones to ask about a book (actually... three books, but it's all one set) that I'm trying to get on audio book. I heard the second one read on BBC 7 (a radio station I get through my DAB digital radio that reads out audio books) and enjoyed it, so I'm trying to find it on audio book for myself. So far I'm not having much luck. :(

The trilogy is by "Michael Molloy"... I don't remember the actual trilogy name, but the books are: "The Witch Trade", "The Time Witches" and "The Wild West Witches" (in that order). So if you happen to spot them on audio cassette or CD (CD preferably, but cassette would be OK) then I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where you spotted it so I can get it. Thanks! :)

***~***

After I got home I watched "Stuck On You" and "Shark Tale"... I know I've posted on my blog about them before at some point. So - since I'm tired - I'm going to just say I think they're good movies and leave it at that. If you want to know about them but can't find info about them in my old posts then ask me in the comments or look them up.

Tori

13 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi Tori - The Witch Trade appears to be available at audiobooks.co.uk

KAYLEE said...

I LOve you :)

LadyStyx said...

I see it over at Amazon as well for a bit more than what iggy found it for :

http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Trade-Michael-Molloy/dp/0754099563/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219198817&sr=1-1

(sorry the link code aint working *AGAIN*!) Good thing with Amazon is that in many cases if you order more than $25 worth of goods, the shipping is free.

Another you may wanna check out is Gregory Maguire's books. He turns the fairy tales around and tells them from another perspective. Try Wicked and the sequel Son of a Witch.

Intense Guy said...

I didn't know if Amazon shipped to Wales or not - but if the books (i.e., tapes) were available from them and the shipping is free, they are cheaper than the site I found. The amazon site is using dollars and the other site uses pounds.

Either way, wince! those audio books are expensive. If I could read out loud clearly, I'd do it for you Tori.

KAYLEE said...

HOW YOU DOING?????????????

Kati said...

*grin* Glad you got your new PJ's, Tori!!! They sound very colorful and fun!

Best of luck finding the triology you're looking for!

Tori_z said...

Iggy & Styxie:
Thanks! :)

I didn't know about the site Iggy found, and I hadn't had much luck with Amazon.co.uk (kept insisting I wanted print versions) and never thought to check Amazon.com (yes, Iggy, they do post to the UK as a general rule... I'm sure we've had stuff from there before).

Iggy:
Audiobooks are often very expensive. Especially if you want the full and unabridged versions... The Harry Potter ones for example range between about £12 and £80 depending on the book (basically, $20 US and up). That's the price you have to pay to get anything other than print, I'm afraid. :(

So if you want to just read the books out for me then you're welcome to. LOL!

Styxie:
Sounds interesting. Will have to make a note to check out his books. :)

Kaylee:
I'm OK, sweetie... How are you doing? *hugs* x

Kati:
Thanks... Looks like Iggy & Styxie are going to make sure I manage to get them! :)

And... That's the idea. I've always liked my clothes to be "colourful and fun"... And, just 'cause I can't see the colours now doesn't mean I intend to change that. :)

Intense Guy said...

Witch Trade book for 6 pounds!

:)

AliceKay said...

Sounds like some pretty cool PJs, Tori. :)

KAYLEE said...

I am not doing that well :(

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I had a look at that link... It's a paperback book though, which means it's the print version. Thanks though! :)

AK:
Thanks! :)

Kaylee:
I'm sorry to hear that... Hope you're doing better soon. *hugs* x

Intense Guy said...

Ugh. Sorry Tori. I never realized how hard these audio books were to find until now.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
That's OK... I didn't either. :)

Honestly...

Until I had to switch to just reading braille or listening to audio books I figured all the ones readily available in print would be just as easy to get hold of in other formats. I know differently now though. :(