Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The wedding: Part 1

My Mam came down today and helped me get the photos labeled, so I guess you don't have to wait until next week after all. :)

And, since I'm not busy, I thought I'd see about the post (or rather "posts" as it will have to be now because of the photos) about my trip.


On Wednesday afternoon my Dad came to get me to take me to their place to spend the night. I had assumed that after dinner Dad would disappear up on his PC and I'd be left to amuse myself or talk to my Nan or something. But... Nope! My Dad sat with me and watched movies all evening.

We had a "Casper-A-Thon"... LOL! Out of the movies Dad read out the ones I felt like watching were the Casper movies. Not sure why, but... *shrugs*... I just did, I guess. So, we watched "Casper: A Spirited Beginning" "Casper: Seeing Is Believing" and "Casper Meets Wendy" one after the other, which was great fun.

It was around midnight we got to bed. I was meant to get up at 7:45 am, but I woke up about 3:15 am and couldn't get back to sleep. By about 5:00 am I decided the sleep thing wasn't working so got up and was washed, dressed, etc before my Nan got up at 7:00 am. I would have already had my cup of tea too, but I couldn't find the liquid level indicator my Dad has and didn't feel like burning my fingers for the sake of a cup of tea I knew I'd be able to persuade my Nan to make when she got up anyway. LOL! So when Nan got up I was washed, dressed and reading.

We left around 10:00 am. I'd planned on getting at least most of "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" read before we got there, but for some reason I didn't end up getting much reading done. When we arrived at the hotel around 5:00 pm I was only on "Centaur" having spent most of the journey just sitting listening to my Dad pointing out landmarks I might know.

The hotel was nice. It turned out to be a good thing Kelly didn't come though because the "double rooms" had double beds not twin beds as we'd assumed (usually they say if it's double beds not twin beds) so the first night I had to share with my Nan, and after that Wayne said he'd sleep on the floor for me to have his bed. I was pretty sure (and a comment he made confirmed my suspicions) that he wouldn't have done it for my Nan though.

They provided tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a kettle to make them with with the rooms. They also gave us some mints and a couple of packets of biscuits. And each day - when the cleaner came in - any of the items used up were replaced. After the first day (and knowing they were free) we clicked on this and now have a nice stash of unused sugars, cocoa, etc. Well... We were paying £50 per room, per night, we deserved to have the stuff. ;)

Wayne was such a sweetie to me. Normally Wayne just loves to agrivate me, but this trip he was really nice. He made me cocoa before bed and tea in the mornings, and looked out for me the whole time we were there. Of course, this may have had something to do with my willingness to share my fudge and my toffee yoghurts with him. LOL! Just kidding, he was being nice before that. I don't remember when I saw him that nice so far away from his birthday or Christmas. LOL!

Anyway... We spent the evening (Thursday evening) with Carl and Rachel and had chippy with them for dinner. I think it was around 10:00 pm before we left to go back to the hotel.

Then, on Friday we (Mam, Dad, Nan, Wayne and I) went to look around the shops. We were out looking round the shops for FIVE hours! Even Mam thought that was quite long, and she's a shopaholic. LOL!

Norwich is quite interesting at the moment. There's a load of elephants around (something to do with an elephant trail or something). There were all sorts of elephants, and we stopped to have a look at most of them (see Mam's blog - on my links page - for a photo of me with one of them). There was also - for some weird reason - a collection of body parts. Not sure why they were there but I investigated the brain... LOL! I also investigated a darlic that was in Waterstones bookstore. Yeah, I know, just the place you'd expect to find one, eh? LOL!

Anyway... I brought some fudge, a couple of new audio books, some treats for Kero, Willow and Daisy, a little something to take home for Kelly and some snacks for at the hotel. And Mam got me some silly putty. I've been waiting for some to come in stock somewhere and had hoped to have it in time for the wedding, but no such luck. I wanted it for something to do during the waiting around parts. Anyway, Mam saw some (she says it's purple too *smiles happily*) so she got it for me.

Friday evening we spent at the hotel where the wedding ceremony was taking place (a different one to where we were staying) meeting various members of Rachel's family, and some of her friends. I have to admit I don't really remember who any of them were. Well, except for "Juan" (I think that's how his name's spelled) and his girlfriend "Helena"... But since Juan seems to be the sort of person who's always the life of the party and was keeping us all amused (not to mention buying drinks) then I'm not surprised I remember him. :)

Saturday was, of course, the wedding.

We took some photos of us with my camera before we left the hotel. Here are the ones of me and Wayne...

The rest of the photos taken before we left will be in the next post.



whimsical brainpan said...

It's so wonderful to finnaly put a face with your name!

It sounds like you had fun.

Tori_z said...

Thanks... Sorry if it was disappointing. ;)

Yes, we did have fun. :)

AliceKay said...

You've had your hair cut since the last pic I've seen of you. Looks nice, Tori. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Thanks AK. :)