Saturday, August 30, 2008

Toys

As it turns out one of the things my Mam got me seems to be a form of "tinker toy"... Though we call it "K'Nex" (it's the newer, plastic version). Carl (my brother) had some when we were younger (he had Meccano too). I just didn't know it was the same thing... They've really got to start using the same names for stuff everywhere. *Sigh*

She also got me a slinky... Can't go wrong with a slinky... Especially one that's purple. LOL!

She got one of those puzzle balls to see if it was possible to do it without being able to see the picture. Unfortunately it wasn't. But it was fun trying, and Mam had fun doing it while she was watching "Full House"... LOL!

I've found a couple of things while browsing online that I'm going to get at some point. But I figured I'd wait a while and spend some time playing with these things for a bit first. Don't want to get everything at once and then be bored again in a few months and have nothing new to buy... Besides, my birthday and Christmas are just around the corner. ;)

Tori

6 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Tori. My brothers and I ahd tonnes of Knex when we were younger. We tried to have competitions to see whose plasticy wheeled model would first cross the crack in the tiles. But ofcourse, we often drew as there is only so much you can do with plastic poles and triangles.
Have fun!

LadyStyx said...

We have KNex here too. They're similar but different at the same time. Looks like you can do more with the hubs on a KNex as opposed to the Tinker Toys.

Kaylee said...

Thats great :) Your mam got you great toys!

Tori_z said...

Jess:
Sounds like fun... And at least if you drew there didn't end up being any arguing. ;)

LadyStyx:
Yeah, that's what Kelly said when I was saying to him about it... They're very simular but not exactly the same thing. K'nex has more different shaped pieces or something, but I think that's pretty much the only difference.

Kaylee:
*Nods*... And we were talking about a few other activity ideas too (some of which are actually not kids' toys, lol!)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well sounds like you are going to have some fun for a while tori with your new toys,

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Yup!