Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog rating system, book review and stuff (FD)

As you may have noticed, I put a "blog rating system" up on the top of the sidebar. The idea came from one of Intense_Guy's blog posts a little while ago (maybe a month ago or something like that?) I liked the idea so have adopted it. I hope he doesn't mind. :)

***~***

In an effort to keep yesterday's post just about meeting up with Sam and Carl - which I thought would be best considering we were linking it to the guild's site - I neglected to mention that I "finally" got a chance to read more than a couple of lines of my book in one sitting, so was able to finish reading "Quidditch Through The Ages"... At last! As I mentioned before, it isn't a long book... Kelly was able to read the print version in an hour (if that). It's just that I kept getting interupted or realising I needed to do other things first, then getting side-tracked and doing something else (like checking blogs or something) instead. But yesterday - after we got home - I was actually able to sit down with my book and read it in piece. Partly due to the fact Kero wore himself out doing laps around the living room to show how pleased he was to have me home, and partly due to the fact that Wayne - who had Kero for the day for us - had washed up the breakfast dishes (which I hadn't done before we left) and anything he had made dirty, meaning there wasn't anything that needed doing (and no dinner needed cooking due to the food at the buffet and the leftovers we brought home).

Anyway...

"Quidditch Through The Ages" by Kennilworthy Whisp is a book that most Harry Potter fans will at least recognise the title of. It is meant as a copy of the book that is in the library at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry, where Albus Dumbledore was able to persuade a reluctant Madam Pince (the librarian) to allow a copy to be made available to Muggles in support of the charity Comic Relief. For the benifit of those not familiar with the Harry Potter books... "Quidditch Through The Ages" contains the history of the popular broomstick sport of quidditch. It's an interesting book to read... A must for all quidditch fans. :)

***~***

Before Kelly and I went out yesterday, I thought I'd check a couple of blogs. As it turned out, the one I checked first was Intense_Guy's blog. I never got to any others after that. I'd have had time, but I spent so long sitting there trying (and failing) to find the words to thank him for all the effort he's putting in to his posts in order to let me experience them properly, and to tell him how greatful I am for his efforts... And how happy it made me to read that post... That I didn't even get a chance to comment on his blog before I had to turn off the laptop and get ready to go.

I still never managed to say what I really wanted to say... Even when I did finally comment last night.

It means a lot to me that people are trying so hard to include me. I hope Iggy - and everyone else - realises that, though I appreciate it and am greatful for it, I don't expect it. Nor do I want anyone to feel they "have to" do something like that for me.

That was a wonderful start to the day though... Thank you, Iggy. *hugs* :)

***~***

I got my new headphones today. Well, actually, Kelly got them for me, but let's not be picky. LOL! So now I don't have to put up with the poor quality of the laptop's own speakers (laptops aren't built with speech software in mind - neither are other computers come to think of it - so you really do need a pair of headphones or some tidy speakers to plug in to them).

***~***

Yesterday was a bank holiday... We get a lot of those. But that means that today "Crumbs" (the place where I have my very tasty tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion baguettes from) is closed! It's always closed the day after a bank holiday for some strange reason. Unfortunately, shopping day is usually either Monday or Tuesday (mostly Tuesday, but there are occasions when it's done Monday instead). So no baguette for me today. *Cries*

Kelly did bring me a couple of very tasty corned beef pasties home with him. But it's not the same! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the pasties... But I absolutely LOVE those baguettes!

***~***

I just realised what the date was today... August 26th... That means it's LadyStyx and "Ranger"'s wedding anniversary... So, "happy anniversary!" :)

OK... I think that's enough of my nonsense for now. ;)

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I have adopted your blog rating system :)

..and you are welcome - I've gotten the hang of annotating the pictures and have found in describing them, it helps with the other writing. I'm quite happy to this and don't think of it as "effort". I found Marmite's comment about what she did to enjoy "your walk" touching and heartwarming - and certainly reward enough for me!

We are birds of a feather - afterall - and flock together.

LadyStyx said...

Awww thanks Tori hun! Two years already. Man time flies.

Celticspirit said...

I've had a chance yesterday and today to look around on your blog. I love your poetry cause it is very heatfelt and your family recipes sound yummy. I'll be trying them for sure (well the ones that are not in metric cause I can't figure those out)

KAYLEE said...

astill recovering but came her e to tell you that i am doing okay :) Will have someone update my blog tomorrow:)

whimsical brainpan said...

I love the blog rating system!

And forgive me for never describing my photos (though they are few), I tend to forget that you would benefit from it. I hope you'll take that as I mean it. When I think of you I tend to forget your "disability".

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I'm glad you view it that way. :)

Styxie:
You're welcome... Hope you enjoyed celebrating! :)

The time does seem to fly by very quickly, doesn't it?

Barb:
Thanks... Glad you enjoyed what you read.

My brother says it's aprox 25 g to 1 oz. My scales do either depending on which setting you put it on so I never give it any thought. Will have to put that on the page for future reference. :)

And, btw, they aren't all our recipes, but we do use all of them (or know friends who swear by them). Some are our own though.

Kaylee:
Glad you're doing OK... *hugs*

Whim:
Actually... I'm glad you think like that. :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I also meant to say that I thought MarmiteToasty's comment about what she did was touching and heartwarming too. :)

Barb:
Just put a couple of approximate measurement conversions on my recipe blog. :)

AliceKay said...

How did I miss Styxie's and Ranger's anniversary? :(