Friday, June 17, 2011

Asterix and the Gauls

Astérix le Gaulois (original title)

"In the year 50 BC Gaul is occupied by the romans - nearly. But the small village of Asterix and his friends still resists the Roman legions with the aid of their druid's magic potion, which gives superhuman strength. Learning of this potion, a Roman centurion kidnaps the druid to get the secret formula out of him."

(Above taken from this page).

I enjoy all the Asterix movies; but this one isn't quite as good as the others. I think this is one of those rare sets of movies where the sequels are better than the first movie in the set. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this one too (and would watch it again). I'm just pointing out that - of all the Asterix movies - this is my least favourite.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

I was wondering why I had never heard of this movie, and then I checked the year it was released. 1967. My brain doesn't function that well. ;)

Toriz said...

*Chuckles at AK's comment*

I've only heard of it because my Dad has the whole set. That's how I came to be watching it... He brought it over for us to watch one Friday.

Rita said...

I had never heard of these cartoon movies, but then I was 16 in 1967--ROFL!! ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
LOL! Well, my Mam was 7 and my Dad was 4 that year, so I guess that's why they know of them more; a teenager wouldn't usually watch a cartoon movie (well, unless they're me, because I was still watching cartoon movies during my teen years! LOL!)

Intense Guy said...

I guess these would be considered "vintage" by now.

Maybe even "classics" or at least the sequels if not the original.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, probably.