Saturday, June 11, 2011

A scarf and a plane

Last Saturday, I finished knitting the scarf for Louise...




...I'm told she loves it! :)

And, on Sunday, I made this little knitted plane...




Complete with a little propeller on the front of it...



...I made it for Michael. It's his first birthday on July 20th, so I wanted to make him something. I figured a plane would be easy enough to make up a pattern for, and a good option for a little boy who hasn't yet developed any real preferences for spacific types of things. Anyway, I made it now so I have plenty of time to get it to Elizabeth for him before his birthday next month.

If you're wondering, no; the propeller doesn't move... I figured firmly sewing it on was a better option for an infant. I stitched every piece as firmly as I could, going over each piece again and again to make it as secure as possible. I figured that was the best option, since it was for such a young child, and I know how children like playing rough with things sometimes.

Anyway...

I've finished both of Emma's blankets for her dolls too, but I haven't had a chance to get photos on here for them. They're only small-ish, pretty simple blankets, so it didn't take me long to do them; I knitted both of them in this past week (I finished the second one last night). There's a photo of each of them on my camera, so I'll share it some time soon. I had a photo taken of each of them because they're slightly different. They're to be for her dolls' prams at two different houses, but I still figured they should be slightly different.

I have made a start on the next project, and I have plans to make several other items, but I'll tell you more about all the other projects another time.

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

Very nice colors for that scarf. I can see why Louise would love it. :)

Cute little airplane for Michael, too. You did a great job on it. I'm sure he'll have fun playing with it. (good idea on the propeller)

Hope you're having a great Saturday.

Toriz said...

Thanks AK! :)

Deanna said...

That airplane is amazing. I wouldn't be able to do it with a pattern, much less without one! The scarf is very pretty. You are very talented!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna!

*Blushes*

Rita said...

Love the scarf colors! And the plane is perfect for a little boy! You've been busy. And to figure out the plane pattern on your own, too. I agree--talented! :):)

Toriz said...

Thanks Rita!

*Blushes again*

Intense Guy said...

No wonder Luoise loves her scarf!!

:) I bet Little Micheal is making little brrrrrrrrrpfff!! brrrrrrrrrpfff!! brrrrrrrrrpfff!! noises with his airplane!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
He doesn't have it yet. But I bet he will be doing that when he does have it. :)